• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey You Cheerleaders, When Do You Think There Will Be A Major Financing Announcement?

Reaction score
I just watched that video but I could not make sense out of that part ?
Why run the engine out of oil ?
It will sieze or throw a rod from no main bearing bearings.

I agree, but I do it all the time to my old ford. She seems to like it. Hubby would ask "Have you checked your engine oil ?" And I proudly say "Yep, I sure did Dear. Not a drop in it" He flips and goes check it himself. It's funny because I am a retired heavy equipment operator. Of course I know better, lol. But, seriously WHY? I guess it is only one of the many tests elio must do to prove the engines worthiness. They would want to know what part explodes first. This is why they must build 25 engines just for testing. And this will happpen as soon as elio gets the next 'round of financing.'

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched that video but I could not make sense out of that part ?
Why run the engine out of oil ?
It will sieze or throw a rod from no main bearing bearings.
Testing till destruction so that you know how much abuse the engine can take and make recommendations based off that and what is likely to break first.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope that a financing arrangement will be made soon. I really want this car to be built but with all of the delays and set backs and the fact that Elio is really posting alot of the same info on social media that its has posted before (over and over again) and also that fact that now some of those postings are subtly changing the language from "all for only $6800.00" to "expect to be around $6800.00" I must say I have almost all hope.
I think they are crying wolf too many times. Soon there will be few listeners. I'm starting to slip onto the beginning side of the fence.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum Sharp Right.
I can't speak for anyone else (I'm a 1k all-inner), but I'm 'planning' on dropping 10k on mine, and have the money put away to just write them a check. I don't plan on getting all kinds of options, cruise control for sure (wouldn't drive a vehicle without it), maybe a upgraded seat since my butt will be spending MANY hours per year in it, and probably an upgraded stereo...that's about it. So anything less than the 10k will just make my wife a happy camper.;)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there's finally a bit of movement with Elio's SEC filings, :) not much though it might be just the start since it looks as if Elio Motors just added back equity along with debt. Interesting, what do you all think?
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1531266/000094935315000064/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml

Contains the expected change of broker to Network 1 Financial but it is interesting that equity was added as well. Paul Elio did mention equity crowdfunding in the press conference so I can't say this is really a surprise and we know there are some new SEC regulations on the way. I wonder if this is just an effort to expand the investment options within the 506(C) offering so that they match up better with whatever EM does with the new A+ investment regulations.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Contains the expected change of broker to Network 1 Financial but it is interesting that equity was added as well. Paul Elio did mention equity crowdfunding in the press conference so I can't say this is really a surprise and we know there are some new SEC regulations on the way. I wonder if this is just an effort to expand the investment options within the 506(C) offering so that they match up better with whatever EM does with the new A+ investment regulations.
So do you think Elio might try to offer the "Tier 2" of Section IV of the JOBS Act and allow non-accredited investors or some such thing?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So do you think Elio might try to offer the "Tier 2" of Section IV of the JOBS Act and allow non-accredited investors or some such thing?

I would be surprised if EM did not take advantage of the new Tier II Regulation A+ offerings. It takes virtually no paperwork with the SEC as all it takes is a short form and an audit, which EM already had to do for the ATVM loan applications, which means all EM really needs to do is find the right broker to handle this type of offering.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be surprised if EM did not take advantage of the new Tier II Regulation A+ offerings. It takes virtually no paperwork with the SEC as all it takes is a short form and an audit, which EM already had to do for the ATVM loan applications, which means all EM really needs to do is find the right broker to handle this type of offering.
While I try to follow along with financial matters, it's not really my thing. Do I understand this new rule SEC passed to allow some percentage of non accredited investors in an offering, so long as they are not putting up more than 10% of their net worth? That strikes me as basically what the spirit of the new rule was meant to address in opening up new streams of revenue to small businesses - is that correct?

Top Bottom