• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I may have A.D.D. or maybe just a short attention span. I created and recorded some guitar music about 10 years ago, then gave up that hobby when my guitar mentor moved away. I was getting more deeply in to MS Flight Simulator but that's more of a winter thing. Most days over the past 5 years I have been restoring a house and property: garage construction, moving walls, bathroom remodeling, new deck, etc. Also, lots and lots of landscaping and tending the vegetable garden assorted fruit and berry plants.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
My hobbies are hiking in national parks and photography. Hobbies that go hand in hand :) And of course the wonderful Epcot :)
DSC_0108-Edit.jpg
DSCF8695.JPG

DSCF8024.JPG

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Music Man: I've been a regular attendee at the Sacramento Jazz Festival over the Memorial Day weekend. Starts at noon on Friday and goes until 5 pm on Monday. Usually have about 125 different jazz groups from all around the world and they play over 1400 sets. My wife can't last the entire three days. Don't expect to have my Elio by next April but will definitely look into coming to the New Orleans jazz festival, especially since we have never been there. What could be better than fresh seafood and hot jazz.

Please let me know when you decide to make the trip, Jim.

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My hobbies are cyclic. Depends on my mood, what needs to get accomplished or who needs help. My challenge this year is learning how to play my semi-acoustic guitar. I enjoy blues, reggae, and classic rock & roll and attend concerts, whether its a local band, rally or amphitheater.( ZZ Top in September!!!) I also enjoy riding my motorcycle - next up biketoberfest as well as NHRA Drags (Girl Power)! I sew, quilt, paint, garden, cook, read, and do a little woodwork, I'm a avid DIY person, whether it's the house, yard. or a vehicle. ( I'm too cheap to pay someone if I can do it myself). I enjoy all of it so I can't pick just one. Guess my hobby is being a Jacqueline of all trades and master of none. My favorite thing to do is get on the floor and play with my grand kids. Love making them laugh!
10585792_10204638732794504_463984272_o.jpg teresahairdaytona.jpg427646_411189735564930_898669425_n.jpg 1800020_10204063165525682_3049197410973805946_o.jpg 10003679_10203964506419266_2634877440244878260_o.jpg

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My hobbies are cyclic. Depends on my mood, what needs to get accomplished or who needs help. My challenge this year is learning how to play my semi-acoustic guitar. I enjoy blues, reggae, and classic rock & roll and attend concerts, whether its a local band, rally or amphitheater.( ZZ Top in September!!!) I also enjoy riding my motorcycle - next up biketoberfest as well as NHRA Drags (Girl Power)! I sew, quilt, paint, garden, cook, read, and do a little woodwork, I'm a avid DIY person, whether it's the house, yard. or a vehicle. ( I'm too cheap to pay someone if I can do it myself). I enjoy all of it so I can't pick just one. Guess my hobby is being a Jacqueline of all trades and master of none. My favorite thing to do is get on the floor and play with my grand kids. Love making them laugh!
View attachment 2074 View attachment 2075View attachment 2077 View attachment 2076 View attachment 2073
My kind of thing. Get a good guitar teacher and practice, practice, practice. I have a niece who just finished up at Young Harris up your way and a bro in Augusta.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my younger days I would fly airplanes. My favorite TV show was "Sky King". After I got married my flying days were over - too expensive. Between flying and marriage I did LOTS of scuba diving, but ended up selling all that equipment and haven't been deeper than I can go on one breathe of air since. I still enjoy sailing, but to continue that I need to find another friend that has a boat. My last friend with a sailboat moved from San Diego to Jacksonville, FL. I keep thinking that I could get my own, but I stay so busy there is just not enough time to sail to make it worth the effort. I used to dream of retiring to a live-aboard sail boat and spend my remaining days travling the world going from one warm water port to another. But alas, my wife suffers from motion sickness (and she is retired Navy). We met just over 4 years ago when we both decided to re-learn Square Dancing. We got married last November, In Las Vegas, by Elvis, on 11-12-13 at 14:15:16. So today we belong to several Square Dance Clubs here in San Diego and dance 4 to 5 nights every week. It is good exercise and keeps our mind focused.
You might like Microsoft Flight Simulator or X-Plane simulator. Both are very realistic and you don't have to leave the house. You need a fast computer, a good screen, and CH Flightstick Basic set up isn't that expensive, unless you go all out like that Malaysian airline pilot.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hey Jeff, know what you mean by it not being a "down hill ride" from the Colorado line, across Kansas, to the Missouri line; I did the B.A.K. Ride in 2001, across Kansas basically following old Route 66, and that last climb into Dodge City was rough. o_O I must say, of ALL the Century rides, and Charity rides I done, the B.A.K. Ride was the most poorly "sag stop" rides I've ever done.

Was it any better in 2009 & 2010?? :D

Music Man, it was better in '09 and '10. SAG stops were pretty good. Of course I haven't done other events like you have, so my experience is narrow. But I just always made sure I had 2 full water bottles and snacks on board.

That's cool that you did the ride in 2001. Your route sounds interesting. Did you ride a regular upright road bike? I decided to buy a Rans Stratus recumbent bike. There's good and bad with everything: my neck, butt and wrists were never sore, but DANG going up hills just completely cooked my thighs. I definitely missed being able to use your body weight to churn up the hills! I sold the recumbent bicycle, since I need a week of vacation to do the B.A.K., and I was in constant job turnover for 18 months starting July 2012, and I don't have any vacation days, lol. Good memories though. Sleeping in a high school gym with 400 of your closest friends... after riding a bike for 8-10 hours, taking a shower in a high school/small college bathroom when the water is either freezing cold or boiling hot... the list goes on. :cool: One good thing though: you could eat 4000 calories a day, and not gain any weight! Food seemed to taste 4 times better.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my younger days I would fly airplanes. My favorite TV show was "Sky King". After I got married my flying days were over - too expensive

The trick is to get someone else to pay for your flying..or even better, get them to pay you to do it for them! ;)

(I've been tricking folks into doing this since 1977).

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a racing nut. Mostly NASCAR, but I like anything going fast in competition.

Iowa Speedway, Brainerd Internaional Raceway, Road America, Crandon (off road racing) and literally dozens of small tracks are within a 1 tank range in an Elio.

Even a trip to NASCAR's home in Charlotte NC is less than $100 in fuel at today's prices round trip!

I plan to be at a lot more races in person once I'm in an Elio.

Top Bottom