• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a racing nut. Mostly NASCAR, but I like anything going fast in competition.

Iowa Speedway, Brainerd Internaional Raceway, Road America, Crandon (off road racing) and literally dozens of small tracks are within a 1 tank range in an Elio.

Even a trip to NASCAR's home in Charlotte NC is less than $100 in fuel at today's prices round trip!

I plan to be at a lot more races in person once I'm in an Elio.
As another race nut, I follow NASCAR, Indy Car and Formula 1. I've been to races at Sonoma, Phoenix, Laguna Seca, Portland, Vancouver and Montreal, both F1 tracks in the UK as well as Belgium, Italy, Monaco, Imola, San Marino. Now I want to take my Elio to the new Texas F1 track and NASCAR at Daytona and Charlotte

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hobby of the week is drag racing, I guess, I am kind of a "hobby moth" I go from one hobby to another month to month..
Here's my anti-Elio (8.5 miles to the gallon)
100_0495.JPG

20140731_070329.jpg
Next week, fishing, maybe.
Interesting side note, this was built in the same plant as the Elio....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up so my interests fluctuate. Some of the things I am focusing on now (other than elioowners.com) are creating more interesting gluten free recipes. This includes, among other things, adapting old favorites by substituting hemp protein powder and quinoa flour for soy flour. I am also learning to add hemp protein to many of my favorite foods to increase my protein absorption levels. Fortunately I like the taste of hemp protein as long as it doesn't over power other flavors.

Of course I am always looking for new ways to use old dresses and create new ones. Although I have to admit since I made my Elio dress, my well is running a little dry and I haven't done anything of significance.

I am an avid reader frequently reading more than one book per week. Many are fiction but I also read a lot about nutrition and healing without drugs.

Of course I love to swim and do that 3 times per week. I am a water baby. I very simply love the feel of my body as it moves through water.

I also have a container garden. I should call it my gamblers garden because I consider everything I do a crap shoot. I plant and it will grow or not. Either is fine with me. I like trying unusual things. I planted a purple skinned white fleshed nutty flavored sweet potato favored in Japan. I figured why not. I also had an organic potato sprouting in the box under my table so I dug a hole in one of my containers and dropped it in. I have had to add soil 3 times now and it has produced 5 plants. I can't wait to see how the potatoes are. I get strawberries - usually small and one at a time. So far I have eaten 6 this year. My garden has been a host for a Praying Mantis and a tiny frog. I actually talk to them and encourage them to stay around. LOL I have a sweet potato sprouting under my table (this is the coolest place in my apartment) so eventually I am going to dig a hole in one of my containers and drop it in. It will at least produce some beautiful leaves. I'll let you know what my next hobby is when I have discovered it. LOL :) Z

There - edited so it doesn't look like a text spam. LOL :) Z

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just showing you how much I appreciate your getting rid of the spammers so quickly. I still find a few but no where near as many as before your came on board as a moderator. I even realized as I was writing my piece as all one paragraph that it was not a good idea. LOL Busted!! LOL :-) Z

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Growing up in the San Francisco bay I loved to fish and go out on my boat but since I moved to the desert both are nearly impossible. The Rio Grande river is dry more than half the year and there aren't any fish in it anyway. Sold my boat, fishing poles are too big for any fish in this area, and now just collect dust and all the lines will all have to be replaced. Never liked fishing for large mouth bass. Will have to head east to the Gila Mountains (150 miles) or up north near the Colorado border (350 miles) for any trout fishing. Since my wife and I enjoy jazz and a good glass of wine we travel to jazz festivals and to Pacific coast for fresh seafood.
Sounds like you need to get with "Proud to Be" and set up one of his fish farms. Then you can just walk out back and do your fishing for an 8 pounder.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just showing you how much I appreciate your getting rid of the spammers so quickly. I still find a few but no where near as many as before your came on board as a moderator. I even realized as I was writing my piece as all one paragraph that it was not a good idea. LOL Busted!! LOL :) Z
Easy Z, you may give Josh a 'Big Head'. I have seen, of late, that as soon as the spammers appear, they disappear.
I know that our site management team have only so much time they can devote to this project, They have done an excellent job of getting rid of the Health/beauty aid/pill pushers in a timely manner and I appreciate it.

If you look at some of the new members profile, they seem to fit a pattern. The names sound odd, age is about 21 to 25, female, word usage is disjointed, the time of posting is early AM. Could they be 'Off Shore'? The sentence structure is foreign to us. The run on sentences and paragraph structure is not good.

I suspect these spams may be coming from one or a few computers.

Would it be possible to capture, not just their name and delete, but their IP address and block that IP address??

Top Bottom