• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hobbies Of Elio Owners

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easy Z, you may give Josh a 'Big Head'. I have seen, of late, that as soon as the spammers appear, they disappear.
I know that our site management team have only so much time they can devote to this project, They have done an excellent job of getting rid of the Health/beauty aid/pill pushers in a timely manner and I appreciate it.

If you look at some of the new members profile, they seem to fit a pattern. The names sound odd, age is about 21 to 25, female, word usage is disjointed, the time of posting is early AM. Could they be 'Off Shore'? The sentence structure is foreign to us. The run on sentences and paragraph structure is not good.

I suspect these spams may be coming from one or a few computers.

Would it be possible to capture, not just their name and delete, but their IP address and block that IP address??
I noticed a couple this week that were definitely out of the country. One was UK and the other Australia. They listed NY or Vic for location but the "business" they were foisting upon us had UK or Australia in the name. They also post after our staff have wisely gone to bed and I'm still up. So I report and then mark it reported. There isn't much else we can do to my knowledge. :-) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed a couple this week that were definitely out of the country. One was UK and the other Australia. They listed NY or Vic for location but the "business" they were foisting upon us had UK or Australia in the name. They also post after our staff have wisely gone to bed and I'm still up. So I report and then mark it reported. There isn't much else we can do to my knowledge. :) Z
Hey!!! what for you talk my friend this way? I have lots friends in Memphis Alabama. I visit the big pimple next week. Like to visit but not stay. NewYork to busy. Remind me of Hong Kong.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to capture, not just their name and delete, but their IP address and block that IP address??
Already being done, and most of the spam is posted within a 30min time frame, so I just make sure I'm online at that time and I notice goofy is as well.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Already being done, and most of the spam is posted within a 30min time frame, so I just make sure I'm online at that time and I notice goofy is as well.
Josh,
You're on the ball. I am in IT with my company, but only the "Cable Guy'. I was over my head on that question, but I could see that it could be possible.
Thanks for the conformation.
Thank you both.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love the topic. My wife claims I have the Oddest hobby Especially when I ask her to help me carry them into the basement!! I collect and restore Pinball machines! The addiction has gotten to the point where I have to store them at other locations but I keep roughly 25 machines in the house for the family and friends. It still puts a smile on my face when my younger daughter brings over a friend and they are Amazed we have an arcade in the house and even more amazing how Few have even seen a pinball machine! Priceless to watch. I personally just enjoy the quite time restoring them and repairing the electronics to bring them back to new again. I told you it was an Odd hobby!!

View attachment 2061 View attachment 2062
I love the colors in the one 4th from the left. Now there is a combination for my Elio! :-) Z

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Jeff, know what you mean by it not being a "down hill ride" from the Colorado line, across Kansas, to the Missouri line; I did the B.A.K. Ride in 2001, across Kansas basically following old Route 66, and that last climb into Dodge City was rough. o_O I must say, of ALL the Century rides, and Charity rides I done, the B.A.K. Ride was the most poorly "sag stop" rides I've ever done.

Was it any better in 2009 & 2010?? :D
I was on the Oklahoma Freewheel ride for 13 years, shooting the official video and acting as an occasional sag vehicle. My two sons and their friends rode several times. The route ran from the Texas border to the Kansas line so most of the time the south wind gave you no problem, unlike riding across Kansas west to east or vice versa. I lived in Dodge City for awhile and might have seen you riding through. Small world.

Top Bottom