• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but EZ Pass only goes so far, like to the Fort McHenry tunnel south (I95), and to parts of Ohio (last I traveled there). With the range of the Elio, you will be out EZ Passing the boundaries of the system. And in my area, no parking garages take EZ Pass, they are all ticket systems, So I see some getting out to grab a ticket once in a while, good exercise....
If you get stuck in Florida, stay off the turnpike without a SunPass, or you will never get off (you can get on, you just can't leave_, sorta like the Hotel California....been there done that.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sitting at the drive-up window for my coffee this morning I had a .chilling thought
Some years ago a good friend was murdered while picking up a Saturday picnic for his family. If you think about it, you're in a dangerous position: if someone wants to rob you, your window's down and with cars in front and behind, you're trapped. My defense has always been to squeeze as close as possible to the window or ATM to prevent someone from getting alongside my window.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to go inside now.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what the protocol will be when handing my ID card to the gate guard? I hope they don't get testy because they might have to step off the curb...
Just make sure you are wearing your; Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Long-sleeve shirt/pants, Ankle high Boots, and Reflective outer Vest...... IAW (Department of Defense Instruction 6055.4- DoD Traffic Safety Program and Army Regulation 385-55.) for ALL motorcyclists!

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use the drive up ATM once every two weeks. Yes I will have to open the door and sit on the side of the seat to use it.
MK
I finally transitioned from "Dumb" phone to "Smart" phone this past January. Just over one month ago I finally asked one of the bank employees to help me set up my phone with the app and show me how to make the "e-deposit". Now I can deposit my check as soon as I get it with my phone. Bye-bye ATM and Bank Teller lines. If I need cash I just get it from whichever store I may be purchasing something from. Still, it may be nice to park the Elio outside the bank so when we come out we have a crowd wishing they had one.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just make sure you are wearing your; Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Long-sleeve shirt/pants, Ankle high Boots, and Reflective outer Vest...... IAW (Department of Defense Instruction 6055.4- DoD Traffic Safety Program and Army Regulation 385-55.) for ALL motorcyclists!
It will actually be interesting to see what happens at the various Military installations. I suspect that the guys on the gate will treat the Elio just like any other 4-wheeled vehicle, except they will take longer letting you pass while they ask you about it.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most larger companies and the federal government now do direct deposit. It's a win-win for everyone. Even a few of my old customers started doing this, and for years my wife handled some of our billing through AMEX as some companies required their employees to purchase with their company cards. It sure beat having to pick up my checks out on the lawn where the mail carrier dropped them . . . or exchanging mail with my neighbors. Rain, snow, gloom of night, etc. were OK - but the hedge was a problem.

As for store and shopping center parking lots, I'm already trying to think up snappy answers to "What the heck is that?" and "There are only THREE wheels!" (I'm working on something like, "Are you sure? I thought I had four this morning!")

Top Bottom