• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's no means of overestimating the ingenuity of the American moron when it comes to creating parking lot mayhem.

Mayhem-is-Everywhere.jpg

ClubJoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My experience with drive thru obstacles has been to drive up as close as possible to the window or collection box. Seeing as how they added the full fenders there will be many fenders scraped up. I have many scuffs on my wheels and rims on all my vehicles till I learned to lean out the window and watched carefully each time no matter what.

Attachments

• ME5.JPG
    ME5.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 238

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Most larger companies and the federal government now do direct deposit. It's a win-win for everyone. Even a few of my old customers started doing this, and for years my wife handled some of our billing through AMEX as some companies required their employees to purchase with their company cards. It sure beat having to pick up my checks out on the lawn where the mail carrier dropped them . . . or exchanging mail with my neighbors. Rain, snow, gloom of night, etc. were OK - but the hedge was a problem.

As for store and shopping center parking lots, I'm already trying to think up snappy answers to "What the heck is that?" and "There are only THREE wheels!" (I'm working on something like, "Are you sure? I thought I had four this morning!")

I have the same sense of humor as you Lil4x. "Whaaaa---aaaat?? There were 4 wheels there THIS MORNING!"

Other optional replies:
  • "This is the vehicle that so many folks said would never be built."
  • "It's an autocycle, that auto-passes gas stations and auto-saves me money."
  • "Well, you know the Can-Am? It's NOTHING like that..."
  • "Brand new, it cost less than a 5-year old <fill in car make here>."
  • "Is it safe? Do one-legged ducks swim in a circle??"

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will actually be interesting to see what happens at the various Military installations. I suspect that the guys on the gate will treat the Elio just like any other 4-wheeled vehicle, except they will take longer letting you pass while they ask you about it.
Yes, until some 'bright', young CO reads the regs. and posts a picture on the 'Hot Tips' board; "This vehicle [ELIO] is a MOTORCYCLE, and must comply with, "Department of Defense Instruction 6055.4- DoD Traffic Safety Program and Army Regulation 385-55"........ then we're 'screwed'...... until we get the Regulation changed to 'omit' enclosed motorcycles! This applies to ALL people (military, retired, civilian employees, and visitors) on Military or DoD property!

CaptainMorgan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There are many considerations regarding the three wheel configuration and here's one I've been wondering about ...if the front wheels protrude considerably from the side of the vehicle, then would you be able to reach the window at the drive thru window at McDonald's, the bank, pharmacy, ect.? Any ideas on how far the left side window of the Elio would be from the drive thru window?

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing thread on this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom