• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Did You Learn About Elio?

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was in San Jose, CA taking a training coarse--around September 2013. I saw it on the news and though not much of it at first--having seen the Aptera disappear, and the Lit Motors not get very far. I forgot the name, but I could not get it out of my head, and when I got back to Houston I did some Google searches, and found it. I kept going to the site, and by Jan I decided to go all-in. While not electric like the others, at such MPG and base price, it seemed so much more feasible.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would of loved to have discovered it alot sooner. As I wait for my number. I figure high 5000s or very low 6000. Would of lover to be more like 2000. 1000 in my best of dreams.
Had I gone in for $1000 last Sept my number would have been in the teens instead of 3419. My advise is get in early for the max or you will be waiting until some time in 2016 for your Elio.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a member of the Reliant 3 wheeler forum in UK, and a moderator. The owner got concerned about copyright issues and closed the whole thing down. I began looking for another site and found this one by mistake.

I can't justify putting money down because I'm fairly certain the present design (P4) won't comply with the regulations here in UK so it would be pointless if I couldn't drive it here. The P3 would comply, I'm sure.

I hope they're listening at the factory, I did email them!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a member of the Reliant 3 wheeler forum in UK, and a moderator. The owner got concerned about copyright issues and closed the whole thing down. I began looking for another site and found this one by mistake.

I can't justify putting money down because I'm fairly certain the present design (P4) won't comply with the regulations here in UK so it would be pointless if I couldn't drive it here. The P3 would comply, I'm sure.

I hope they're listening at the factory, I did email them!
What is it specifically that won't comply?

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been researching a high mileage/alternate fuel car off and on for some time. A Nissan Leaf was considered, but for my wife to drive it to her folks house and back home would be at the extreme range of the Leaf in warm weather. I also looked into converting a sedan that got decent mileage to CNG. Cruising the web with StumbleUpon one night (always better than TV), I came across the Elio, and dove into the details. Damn, this is it, and the price is simply the icing on the cake. It solves all our third vehicle issues in one fell swoop. Mileage, around town usability and economy, my trips to the company offices for training programs (820 miles round trip), my errand running when I'm home as I'm always in the car by myself. I've not put any money down yet, but I'm thoroughly hooked!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been researching a high mileage/alternate fuel car off and on for some time. A Nissan Leaf was considered, but for my wife to drive it to her folks house and back home would be at the extreme range of the Leaf in warm weather. I also looked into converting a sedan that got decent mileage to CNG. Cruising the web with StumbleUpon one night (always better than TV), I came across the Elio, and dove into the details. Damn, this is it, and the price is simply the icing on the cake. It solves all our third vehicle issues in one fell swoop. Mileage, around town usability and economy, my trips to the company offices for training programs (820 miles round trip), my errand running when I'm home as I'm always in the car by myself. I've not put any money down yet, but I'm thoroughly hooked!
Welcome to the forum and the Elio family. The forum will provide all the information about the it. Members are felpful and friendly. Enjoy this historic journey.

Top Bottom