• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Did You Learn About Elio?

viii_ball

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife rides a Can-Am Spyder. We were at the dealership a few weekends back talking with the owner and she was telling us about the expansion they were doing so they could sell the Polaris Slingshot. I was intrigued so I did some Googling on the Slingshot. Mentioned in one of the articles was the Elio so naturally I had know what that was all about. 1 week later I had my 1k All In deposit placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've notice that many people have been following elio for awhile. I learned about it when it popped up on my facebook a few months ago and have been reading alot of the post to learn more. So I was wondering how eveyone else learned about it.
My son wanted to talk to someone about the Elio because he is very interested in owning one. His dad and stepmom weren't interested so he tried me. That was in January, shortly before the P4 was unveiled. A week later I had read and learned more in 1 week than he had read and learned in the previous 2 months. I saved up enough for a $100 All In reservation by March 1. I had enough saved to up to $500 by the time the Elio was in Portland on 7/11 but they wouldn't take cash. I brought the money back home, put it in my account and upped my reservation to $500 on 7/22. Two days later I was told some friends wanted to upgrade me to $1000. It was all done anonymously so I have no idea who they are but I do know they are members here. To say I was stunned is an understatement. In fact I cried. There was no way I could have come up with $500 by 9/1 and the letter announcing that deadline came out a day later. I still get a little emotional just thinking about it. After all, I simply consider myself a friendly little old lady. But the gifts that has brought me have been unimaginable. :-) Z

BTW, my son still does not have a reservation. LOL

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been looking for an economical, high mileage vehicle for my 90 mile round trip commute for some time. Was considering something used, but could not find anything that met my need. I listen to news radio I. My commute, and I caught the tail end of an interview around June 27 about the Elio and how California lawmakers embraced the concept and would not require a motorcycle endorsement or helmet. I was extremely intrigued by the 84mpg figure mentioned, the ability to reserve one for $100, and I did a google search when I got to work. After researching, I went to make my $100 reservation on the website only to learn that a $1000 reservation secures your spot in line. After a moment of contemplation, I had ordered my $1000 T-shirt. ;)

Top Bottom