• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Did You Learn About Elio?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Norahsbed,

Your answer to the window question is:

Paul Elio has stated a few times over the last year, that the back windows will a have a options of opening, but they will be Van windows, which they can get at a very low cost... and the P5 model will have more roof space and head room in the back seat then the P4 does...

Many people have stated the same problem about the P4, " needs more head room in back seat "... So Elio Motor heard that,and what the people were saying and they are changing it... before production begins... right on Elio Motors...

Now if they would just change that dash.... No!" Steel Boobs "... or what every they are called....

Glad your on board...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave " Customize your Elio, it's all for You!!
Hey Proud, thanks for the info. Van vent windows work for me. I actually miss the old front vent windows, like I had on my "56" Ford pickup!

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About a year ago, there was a short item on CNN about the Elio in New York. I thought it was ridiculous, but did a little on-line research and added it to my Google news search. I did the minimum all-in in March and upped it to $1K at the end of August. I drove a Chevy Sprint as a commuter car for 5 years or so, so I'm no stranger to the 3 cylinder idea. The Elio should be lighter, faster and safer.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
about 90%, as close as I think I'll ever get. It's all good. Arm and leg funtion pretty good now.
Neal, glad to hear your doing so well! 90% is pretty darn good! Keep up with the PT and you maybe surprised that it will improve a little more over time. I had surgery on my wrist and elbow 10 years ago and still do PT exercises to keep the muscles and tendons stretched and moving freely. Might have to swing through DFW on our way home from Shreveport, just to say "Hey!"

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Proud, thanks for the info. Van vent windows work for me. I actually miss the old front vent windows, like I had on my "56" Ford pickup!
Good morning Norah. . . . . , wonder how many members on this forum actually remember the "old front vent windows?"

In the "day," I think all cars had them.

Wow, am I getting that old? :eek:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning Norah. . . . . , wonder how many members on this forum actually remember the "old front vent windows?"

Hey, Music Man your up late or is that up early? Those windows were great! If you wanted a breeze of cool air without messing up your hair, just open the vent window. My "58" Dodge, "56" Ford pickup, "68" Fairlane and "74" Fiat all had them.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Count me in that group. My parents had a car (Chrysler I think) that the front window also cranked out from the bottom also

Top Bottom