• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Options Will Em Be Offering??

How many initial options will EM be offering?

• Total voters

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is but I remember someone saying "automotive battery" rather than motorcycle battery.
Here's another picture. You can't see the battery itself. But you can see how small the space is into which it's crammed. And I'm pretty sure "motorcycle battery" is correct, but I'm going from memory on that, so it's fallible.

Attachments

• bodyshot x battery under coolant tank.jpg
    bodyshot x battery under coolant tank.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 260

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another picture. You can't see the battery itself. But you can see how small the space is into which it's crammed. And I'm pretty sure "motorcycle battery" is correct, but I'm going from memory on that, so it's fallible.
Note to self: Contact EM and ask what Alternator output is rated at; and Amp hours on battery.

Got it

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

A motorcycle battery is what the Polaris Slingshot has also. I see some have complained about it, but doesn'the seem to be a heavy hitter as far as what the complaints are for that vehicle.

Reactions: Ekh

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A motorcycle battery is what the Polaris Slingshot has also. I see some have complained about it, but doesn'the seem to be a heavy hitter as far as what the complaints are for that vehicle.
Nobody in his right mind will be trying to start (or ride) a Slingshot when it's 10 below zero! But the Elio will have to start then, and I'd just as soon have some extra cranking power. I'd pay extra for a beefier battery if there were a place to put it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I get from that picture is this:

"I can see the battery cable and below the...Holy origami, Batman, look at that hood prop rod!"

Oh, and the fuel gauge... must be the "external dash".

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I get from that picture is this:

"I can see the battery cable and below the...Holy origami, Batman, look at that hood prop rod!"

Oh, and the fuel gauge... must be the "external dash".
I can tell you why the 'external dash" is there, because I asked about it in Detroit in January. When they haul the car into the hall at these big shows, the battery must be disconnected. But the fire inspector may still make his rounds, and they have to be able to show him (or her) that there is only a minimal amount of fuel in the vehicle. Hence the extra fuel gauge.

Hope this scratches that particular itch!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you why the 'external dash" is there, because I asked about it in Detroit in January. When they haul the car into the hall at these big shows, the battery must be disconnected. But the fire inspector may still make his rounds, and they have to be able to show him (or her) that there is only a minimal amount of fuel in the vehicle. Hence the extra fuel gauge.

Hope this scratches that particular itch!
Lol... I actually knew that. I was taking a jab at another thread title called "interior dash"

Top Bottom