• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Much Angst Has The Waiting For Your Elio Caused?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the SCOOP !!....Almost everyone that has "All In" money on the line want their Elio A.S.A.P....Right ? I'm no exception and waiting has got me being on the Elio website in the beginning every day...keeping up with all the lastest news...waiting patiently for the tour to come to Texas ! I got elioowners.com burnout...especially, when I heard production date would be post-poned til mid-2016 !.....I have since had to realize that checking daily was driving me nuts...people around me got tired of me talking about it. I now am on a savings plan to purchase my Elio in July - Sept. production schedule....If for some reason they have NOT hired the 1500+ plant workers needed May - June 2016...then odds are there will be NO PRODUCTION in mid 2016...( Very sadly ) I'll cut my losses and use my cash saved and buy a turbo-charged VW Sportswagon...I don't want to wait much longer on Elio...I need transportation !...been without car since 2013...gotta pay more for gas....just sayin'

I understand you concern.
Not sure I would get so hung up on that exact 1500+ number.
Also, if you don't have a reservation number yet, that July - Sept may be a bit premature.
Keep in mind that the All-In Reservation holders have priority on first year production.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
...I don't want to wait much longer on Elio...I need transportation !...been without car since 2013...gotta pay more for gas....just sayin'

This is a mistake you're making then; Elio's were never intended to be a primary driver. It has long been advertised as an " ..... and ...." car.
If you need transportation now, go find something cheap for the mean time. When the Elio is in production you'll have a place inline. You can sell the meantime car and have what you've been waiting for.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh you're all soft; I was a dealership mechanic for a Subaru / Lotus Dealer; I was there because I was Lotus certified, but when the shop was slow, I was a Subaru mechanic. They were selling the GL's at the time <here's a pic>
View attachment 6217

What a sweetheart huh? 1400 flat 4 with a whopping 62hp driving the front wheels.
And talk about a joy to work on, how's this?
View attachment 6218

It's in there somewhere.

But the dealership had also bought a bulk load of 360's; like 50 of them (sedans, pickups and vans) all nicely coated in cosmoline. We had to remove the cosmo and then get them to run. We even had a 360 pickup that we used as a shop truck. Here's an original high mileage, small engine, 4 seater <cough cough> that would go anywhere; even if sometimes that meant picking it up and moving it.
Here's a couple of pics if you don't know what they look like
View attachment 6219

View attachment 6220

(You should see the cab when two big guys jump in

I have strange cars in my blood <in more than one way> and always have faith in them.
Plus after we sold all 50 of the Soobs we had, I know there are others just like me. :becky:
In the engine picture, is the belt to the AC flipped upside down?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the SCOOP !!....Almost everyone that has "All In" money on the line want their Elio A.S.A.P....Right ? I'm no exception and waiting has got me being on the Elio website in the beginning every day...keeping up with all the lastest news...waiting patiently for the tour to come to Texas ! I got elioowners.com burnout...especially, when I heard production date would be post-poned til mid-2016 !.....I have since had to realize that checking daily was driving me nuts...people around me got tired of me talking about it. I now am on a savings plan to purchase my Elio in July - Sept. production schedule....If for some reason they have NOT hired the 1500+ plant workers needed May - June 2016...then odds are there will be NO PRODUCTION in mid 2016...( Very sadly ) I'll cut my losses and use my cash saved and buy a turbo-charged VW Sportswagon...I don't want to wait much longer on Elio...I need transportation !...been without car since 2013...gotta pay more for gas....just sayin'

THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM . NO CAR SINCE 2013 .
BUY A BEATER AND PASS IT ALONG WHEN THE ELIO ARRIVES .

WHY JUST WAIT WHEN YOU CAN WAIT & DRIVE ?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The current odds are no 2016 production date because there are no P's built/tested and no funding in the bank. A VW 296 hp Turbo Sportswagen, sweet. Elio could still be your & vehicle in 2017.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skin in the game. I just want the truth out of EM. No fluff no double talk . Just flat out here it is.
I haven't heard much talk lately. The most interesting for me was the announcement of the P5 unveil in 20 weeks. Will that turn out to be fluff or truth? Time will tell.

Top Bottom