• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How This Radical Car Missed Its Chance To Change The World - Maybe!

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh right, people think rationally and have good judgement, rather than just getting hyped and “I want one now” excited about the Elio they can’t even test drive from a marketing video. LOL!
And you want people to look stupid, it tells you in the video ...THERE ARE NO ELIOS ON THE ROAD unless you think that only the deaf are watching the video. LMAO and as of now 93,753 views.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And you want people to look stupid, it tells you in the video ...THERE ARE NO ELIOS ON THE ROAD unless you think that only the deaf are watching the video. LMAO and as of now 93,753 views.
My brother is deaf (has been since birth). He just uses the text option that you can use on youtube videos (just like on TV). He knows there are no Elios on the road.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, just trying to offer the newbies to Elio all the information possible, directly from experienced fans and early reservationists. The early all-ins complaining about EM not delivering on their promise apparently didn’t read the disclaimer so I simply ass.u.med some will not see and or hear it on the video. Regardless, many see, hear, and think what they want and overlook the obvious. Why should I care, it’s their money, so nevermind.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh right, people think rationally and have good judgement, rather than just getting hyped and “I want one now” excited about the Elio they can’t even test drive from a marketing video. LOL!
Life lessons Rick. Take a look around. I believe some in the huddled masses could use a few.
Do you want to use this video as a teaser to get people interested or to do just the opposite?
I followed EM for more than six months before putting the first deposit down.
It was another six months from that before I upped it to $1k all-in.

I will look into this and make corrections as needed, the video explains that Elio is working on changing the laws in the states but they do not go into detail. The video is quoted as stating that Elio is working with Roush and abandoning the 55 HP engine. But we really don't exactly know the HP from Elio other than speculate the new engine and who the manufacture may be. With a Target Price of $7450.
Current views on, How this Radical Car Missed its Chance to Change the World - over 92,755 since December 24th, 2018 - "Two Bit da Vinci" on YouTube.

On the contrary. the video prefaces their statement about Elio working on the laws with a misleading general open statement to the effect of people having to wear helmets and have endorsements. Period. Totally wrong. I included the "projected" price in my text in order to try to get people to actually WATCH the video. It's one thing to see the FB post. It's another to get them interested enough to watch the video. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw EM alluding somewhere to the fact that the engine now slated to go into the Elio will be around 100HP. I'm sure you know this, but to point it out, Roush will be working with EM to engineer the modifications necessary for the motor fit but Roush is not the supplier. Just for clarification.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, let them know in the corrections that Elio will start production at at unknown date which will be full funding plus 76 weeks. So for today, that's June 20, 2020 and that they will spend the first year fulfilling the 65K reservations. That means for new reservations, it'll be June 20, 2021 before they will get one. In essence, 2.5 years from today.
Nope. TMI. Like I indicated to someone else, give them only the basic facts Jack, and let them do their own due diligence. Trying to cram all that additional information into one post will kill any chance of them staying interested long enough to make a decision not based on a skeptical, knee-jerk emotional response. I'm absolutely sick of the 'Gimme in 15 second or less', smartphone addicted, mindlessly politically polarized, naive fake news believer masses. In marketing, less is more. The same disclaimers (maybe even more) are all there on the website and in the sign up information that we had available to us before we reserved. Also, you folks are talking about this like it's actually travelbuzz who made the video and is capable of correcting the video itself. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The video already explains that it has been 10 years, and they can judge it for themselves with over 65 K reservations along with googling information before they place a deposit.
Exactly. Look... We can make sure we give them every bit of disclaimer and negative information about this right up front and kill any chance of getting people truly interested in the vehicle, no matter what the view total comes to... Or, we can give them enough honest information to get them interested enough to do their own diligence before they commit to a reservation. I'd say the former is counter to what we're trying to achieve here. There are enough people out there screaming the anti-EM message every chance they get. We don't need to efficiently and massively add to that. We need to do just the opposite for a change.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Life lessons Rick. Take a look around. I believe some could use a few.
Do you want to use this video as a teaser to get people interested or to do just the opposite?
I followed EM for more than six months before putting the first deposit down.
It was another six months from that before I upped it to $1k all-in.

On the contrary. the video prefaces their statement about Elio working on the laws with a misleading general open statement to the effect of people having to wear helmets and have endorsements. Period. Totally wrong. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw EM alluding somewhere to the fact that the engine now slated to go into the Elio will be around 100HP. I'm sure you know this, but to point it out, Roush will be working with EM to engineer the modifications necessary for the motor fit but Roush is not the supplier. Just for clarification.

Nope. TMI. Like I indicated to someone else, give them only the basic facts Jack, and let them do their own due diligence. Trying to cram all the information into one post will kill any chance of them staying interested long enough to make a decision not based on a knee-jerk emotional response. I'm absolutely sick of the 15-second, smartphone addicted, politically polarized and naive fake news believer masses. In marketing, less is more. The same disclaimers (maybe even more) are all there on the website and in the sign up information that we had available to us before we reserved.
The Ford Ecoboost 99 HP (or whatever ) is the engine that is circulating to be the engine, and when they are stating about the helmet with license. They are speaking about here and abroad, then as Paul Elio gets into frame it's stated that Elio is working to change this in the US of course. From 2013 until now there is a lot of information in google and other sites that wasn't there when Elio started on this for good reason and you just have to go through Elio Owners for everything you may need. Look what has happened today so far with this video, it has gone from 90,504 to 94,572 views, or about 4,068 jump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom