• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me put it to you this way. Name me one high volume company in the last 100 years that has produced a tube frame car. I'm talking about at least 100K/year. Then I ask you this. Why buy a massive sheetmetal stamping operation if you were never going to use it. I'm not just talking about the stamping, but the welding too. If you ever see a tube frame line, it's CNC benders, laser cutters and then a complex MIG welding system. Elio was going to have to sell off all of the GM steel stamping and welding equipment but only sold basic old stuff and not the big things (you had to see it on their ebay site many years ago). It seems odd to me that they just spent money buying equipment that they were never going to use, yet did buy it. On top of that, they were very animate on how their system was superior over a unibody and steel body up until just after they raised $16M. In 2016 alone Elio spent $26m in R&D and the major change was a complete redesign of the chassis and body. Elio pushed the tube frame from October 2008 to around April 2016. So it took them over 7 years to realize they made a mistake? When nobody does what they were doing, even for junker Indian cars that could never be sold in the US.

You have to look at the reality of the situation. Elio either knew they needed to make the car into a unibody (which I bet 100 people tole them up to that point) or there was a dream that a tube frame with a SMC body was the best way to go (if SMC was a good choice for the panels, then GM would not only use them on the Corvette but for the cheapest ones as GM is the master of saving cost).
Good point. The tube frame made sense to get a prototype built before you had any real funding but it made no sense when planning to build a ton of vehicles.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still trying to get any information from Elio. So far no response. I just sent this.

You have not responded yet to my question about Connie Grennan. I then saw that the investor page has now been suspended. If you are trying to reduce the available information I suggest you also delete the Board of Directors list from the “About” section.

Perhaps you can me tell if the Eliocoin is still being “recoded”?

My question to them about Connie was if a replaced had been found yet.
I really don't expect them to say anything except perhaps "read the blog".

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious, I looked at the Elio ticket numbers from my request today and then my earlier request.

10/24/19 ticket #144936
10/14/19 ticket #144714

So in the last ten days there have been around 222 requests for information.
Depending on the questions, this could be good or bad.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio just responded to my questions about Connie Grennan and they avoided answering about the investor section or Eliocoin.

Their response:

Did we miss an email? Connie is no longer with the company and we have temporarily filled the position. Of course we are not hiding, there is an issue with our servers that we are working through and all should be fixed shortly.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. The tube frame made sense to get a prototype built before you had any real funding but it made no sense when planning to build a ton of vehicles.
It called proof of concept. back in the day you had hand made items, then it turned into SLA's and today it's 3D printing. You build something and as long as you are proving a spec package, then it works. After that you concentrate on the bass manufacturing of it. This can be a real problem because with 3D printing, you can't get the volume you want for cheap consumer throwaway products, thus you can make a cool looking thing but then to make it at a fast pace is a whole different story. For example, let's take a cell phone case. Yo can 3D print it today but if you want to make money at it, you get a 30 cavity mold that runs a cycle time of 30 seconds. This is why injection molding is still king. Even more for those toothpaste tubes, caps and bottles that we all take for granite. They make them at 200 per minute on about 10 lines. At the start, everything today is 3D printed to make sure we like how it feels.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Six months later not much has changed...

Paul is still missing...and refusing to update his reservation holder and investors with regards to the current status of business affairs at Elio Motors...

Paul has a Linkedin account. So contact him there. Then you can find out where he has been and what he's doing.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Six months later not much has changed...

Paul is still missing...and refusing to update his reservation holder and investors with regards to the current status of business affairs at Elio Motors...

Mission or no mission, the project has been dead in the water for way more than six months. The most logical explanation for Paul's behavior is that he is just running out the clock, counting on time to insulate him. There is nothing that he could say that could make things better, so silence is obviously his best course of action. Don't stress over it. The money is gone, and not recoverable. Civil recourse is worthless, and criminal recourse is unlikely at this point. The game is over.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First every once in awhile a body comes back to life in a morgue
Second Tucker actually produced about 17 drive-able cars

Top Bottom