• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

JFBranscom

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I love setting in Me and My Red Hot ELIO.JPG my Red Hot Elio

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, checking in. I gave up on it some time ago, hence my very sporadic presence on the board. I'm still all in for $1000, but I seriously doubt that it will ever happen. But, with that said, I'd jump on it if it ever does. My turning point was when they announced that they were playing with cryptocurrency for funding, and I just figured, well, that's that.

I looked at the $1000 all in as a risky investment in the first place. I'm a grownup, I can recognize risk when I see it, and went in with eyes wide open that it may very well be a lost cause, and at that time I was still working and could spare the money. No regrets, no crying over the way things have gone, actually glad that I was able to put some money into something that still looks like a real good idea. Just wish it had come to pass.

Do have to say that out of all the forums that I've been a member of, that this is the most fun, and far and away the most congenial group that I know. :-)

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see a great future for (semi) three-wheelers, because they fill such an obvious gap between cars and what has come to be labelled as 'micro-mobility'. But they will have to be narrow. The Elio has the width of a Tesla Model S, the Aptera is even wider. That is not a very productive way (cramped two-seater etc.) of using the effective vehicle footprint. Keeping vehicle width withing limits requires a three-wheeler to tilt whilst cornering. Hence, propulsion needs to be zero-emission.

void between 4 and 2 wheelers (1).jpg

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was always more of a hope than an expectation for me. I always understood this was the likely outcome.

I knew it was a lost cause when they started down the Crypto path for funding.

It would have been fun.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi RickB, I know of the 3-wheelers you added, of course. But IMO, 3-wheelers will need to tilt to offset lateral forces.
Not by having a wide front-stance.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi RickB, I know of the 3-wheelers you added, of course. But IMO, 3-wheelers will need to tilt to offset lateral forces.
Not by having a wide front-stance.
Hi Voyager!, We’ve been waiting years on affordable, narrow, tilting three wheeler concepts and it’s not going to happen for the mass market. Too many failed three wheeler concepts both tilting and non-tilting. Arcimoto’s FUV has a good chance of public acceptance based on test driver, media, early owner reviews. They have to scale production numbers quickly, during their critical cash burn period, to prove that acceptance long term that may pave the way for others.

New York test driver’s stated the FUV’s quick, agile, stable platform was able to maneuver quite well through congested New York City traffic. They drove to destinations they wouldn’t have considered driving to in a car. The FUV / EVeryday will help resolve some traffic congestion/CO2 issues while we continue to wait on narrow/tilting to happen along capable of highway speeds. I still smile a little when I think about my test drive experience and waiting on my January delivery.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Voyager!, We’ve been waiting years on affordable, narrow, tilting three wheeler concepts and it’s not going to happen for the mass market. Too many failed three wheeler concepts both tilting and non-tilting. Arcimoto’s FUV has a good chance of public acceptance based on test driver, media, early owner reviews. They have to scale production numbers quickly, during their critical cash burn period, to prove that acceptance long term that may pave the way for others.

New York test driver’s stated the FUV’s quick, agile, stable platform was able to maneuver quite well through congested New York City traffic. They drove to destinations they wouldn’t have considered driving to in a car. The FUV / EVeryday will help resolve some traffic congestion/CO2 issues while we continue to wait on narrow/tilting to happen along capable of highway speeds. I still smile a little when I think about my test drive experience and waiting on my January delivery.
I do mostly city. I would be happy with an i-road if it was a little faster.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do mostly city. I would be happy with an i-road if it was a little faster.
I live downtown so me too! I’d buy the i-Road with it’s current performance specs. as supplement to my SUV & FUV in a heartbeat! The cabin designs are surprisingly similar.
3CCCD6D0-C1BD-4512-B833-9A19C2FE2523.jpeg

Top Bottom