• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If You Don't Believe....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think most of us here on the forum understand the magnitude of the tasks that remain and the realistic view that there are significant obstacles, primarily financing. Anyone who has read my posts know I am an Elio supporter and risk taker. Otherwise I would have never made my $1K reservation. I believe in the future and am willing to invest in the "possibility" of that future. I am fully aware it may never happen but that does not dampen my enthusiasm for the dream. To all you doubters, thank you for expressing your opposing opinions. Opinions are like parts of our anatomy and we all have them. I respect your opinions even though I strongly disagree with them. In simple terms it is the optimists versus the pessimists. I'm am an unapologetic eyes wide open optimist.
What, no middle ground?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.......Who would come here , ignore the string of delays and sing KumBaya ?

I LOVE that song! :D :p
But seriously, Your feelings seem to be shared by many here. I have heard time after time about the "rainbows, and kool-aid"...So, I really started pay attention to the "replies" from both sides. Here is my impression. 1)The supporters (almost all) have stated they "hope" it is produced, "realize" there are no guarantees, "understand" that this is a monumental undertaking (not successfully accomplished in over half a century), and are ok with EM's need to be adaptable & flexible. They are also eager to support the "concept", and "enjoy the ride" on the "Elio tour bus", realizing that the reason we have made it "this far" is because of Paul's Bull headed determination to fulfill the "4 tenets." They have also impressed me with their ability to do unbiased research, to "present the information" and "accept" the results...positive or negative, and continue to look forward.
Does this "sound" unreasonable? Not to me.
2) The "skeptics" (almost all) have stated they "hope" it is produced, "realize" that everyone is dishonest (therefore, so is EM), "understand" that, without "constant pressure" and "myopic" advice, EM won't succeed. But they DO "understand" that this is a monumental undertaking (not successfully accomplished in over half a century) therefore, EM probably can't do it either . They feel that $1K worth of "skin in the game" should constitute "CONTROLLING INTEREST" .They are also eager to support the "concept", as long as EM Removes Paul Elio as "ceo" AND allows them to drive the bus." They have impressed me with their ability to present their astigmatic "opinion of the information presented" ( by EM) as deceptive and dishonest and continue to look "at the past" (EM's ability to adapt) as mistakes or lies.

So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree?

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I applaud those who have the faith and $ to go 'all in' - unfortunately I don't have the funds as of now (I'm saving my overtime to reach that goal). While I fully understand the disappointment many have eloquently expressed in threads here, I'd rather see more constructive thoughts as to what we could do to further the Elio Cause. I tell everyone I can about Elio. Recently, while have my Escape Hybrid serviced, I spoke to two other customers in the waiting area about my 'future ride' - the Elio. I even pointed across the street and told them it would be serviced at the Pep Boys there. To paraphrase and bastardise a great man for my own selfish interests, "...Ask not what Elio can do for you; ask what you can do for Elio."
I appreciate your unfettered loyalty to the dream, and I fervently hope it turns out to be well founded. But as to what we can do for Elio, I think that is part of the frustration that exists, because the answer really is, NOTHING. Unless you happen to have a quarter billion bucks lying around there is nothing you can do to impact the outcome of this thing at all. One can go forth and spread the gospel, but a few more reservations will NOT generate the revenue needed, nor was it ever intended to work that way. Besides, I could not possibly in good conscience recommend that anyone buy a reservation in this venture. If they come to it on their own it's their business, but logically the risk/reward is just not there. Not only because of the current difficulties, but it was mathematically dubious from day one. That is not 'negativity', just a reasoned application of logic.
Whether we sound the clarion-call to the masses for more reservations, or we fill this blog with limitless volumes of doom-predicting nay-bobery it won't have ANY impact on the final and only relevant outcome, which is; will cars ever roll off that line or not? Unless of course you believe that billionare potential investors are out there reading what we humble masses are thinking about this situation, and you believe they will act on our opinions. I think all investors care about is profit, and in that regard is there a market for the product. No grousing I have EVER noted on this site ever indicated there is anything but frantic and obcessive desire for the product, so I think that is not a problem.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't say this, but.....
If you don't fervently want Elio Motors to become a reality, if you don't want to own one (or two) more than you wanted anything for Christmas as a child, if you can't visualize how this can truly revolutionize the future of the auto industry then please. PLEASE, PLEASE go away. I enjoy coming to this forum to share hopes and dreams about something that might just come to pass. I share the vision and I will not let you spoil it. It doesn't matter to me what reasoning you have to prove your position that it can't happen. I don't agree with everything that is on this forum - or everything from Elio Motors web/FB pages - but that doesn't stop me from wanting mine. If you want one, stay and share. If you don't, please pee in someone else's Cheerios. There will be bad news and negatives along the way. I have been disappointed in my lifetime often - but I want this one bright spot on the horizon to succeed - if for no other reason than to show American's can still create without pure profit at the forefront. That's my rant. My ignore' button finger is now poised.
Very well said! Yes it may be a dream but I think there is a real good chance it will come true. There is a better chance that an Elio will be in my garage than me winning 2 bucks in the lottery. I may not get my car as soon as I want but I am pretty confident I will get it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very well said! Yes it may be a dream but I think there is a real good chance it will come true. There is a better chance that an Elio will be in my garage than me winning 2 bucks in the lottery. I may not get my car as soon as I want but I am pretty confident I will get it.

Agreed! And nice Vette, Jerry!:)

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Das tut mir auch leid, aber was sollen wir den ubersetzen? Ganz lange hab ich nicht Deutsch gesprochen, denoch bin Ich ziemlich eingerostet. Aber das war richtig; wie?, wo?, wer?, warum? Wer fragt nicht bleibst dumm. Genau!
I don't know what you said but I hope your from a foreign country and you are planning on purchasing a Elio. I think the Elio can reverse things in the US, maybe the Elio will be exported more cars than the US is importing.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE that song! :D :p
But seriously, Your feelings seem to be shared by many here. I have heard time after time about the "rainbows, and kool-aid"...So, I really started pay attention to the "replies" from both sides. Here is my impression. 1)The supporters (almost all) have stated they "hope" it is produced, "realize" there are no guarantees, "understand" that this is a monumental undertaking (not successfully accomplished in over half a century), and are ok with EM's need to be adaptable & flexible. They are also eager to support the "concept", and "enjoy the ride" on the "Elio tour bus", realizing that the reason we have made it "this far" is because of Paul's Bull headed determination to fulfill the "4 tenets." They have also impressed me with their ability to do unbiased research, to "present the information" and "accept" the results...positive or negative, and continue to look forward.
Does this "sound" unreasonable? Not to me.
2) The "skeptics" (almost all) have stated they "hope" it is produced, "realize" that everyone is dishonest (therefore, so is EM), "understand" that, without "constant pressure" and "myopic" advice, EM won't succeed. But they DO "understand" that this is a monumental undertaking (not successfully accomplished in over half a century) therefore, EM probably can't do it either . They feel that $1K worth of "skin in the game" should constitute "CONTROLLING INTEREST" .They are also eager to support the "concept", as long as EM Removes Paul Elio as "ceo" AND allows them to drive the bus." They have impressed me with their ability to present their astigmatic "opinion of the information presented" ( by EM) as deceptive and dishonest and continue to look "at the past" (EM's ability to adapt) as mistakes or lies.

So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree?
You get my nomination for the Ambassador to Louisiana!!! wtg well done- reir a carajadas!!!

Top Bottom