• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Infinite Skyz Skyzmatic System

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Only 85 MPH on the speedometer. :(

:)

No speedometer when you are doing other things?

This is not a dash but a secondary cockpit display on an app running on a tablet or phone. What I am hearing is that EM is looking into offering an LCD dash option which could incorporate this information however it is likely the display format would change if that were the case as they would have to provide basic driving information in all display windows.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have to point something else out. While $1500 is a good bit of money, especially as an option for such an inexpensive vehicle, when you stop and consider how much a system which does everything this system does would cost as an option on any other vehicle the price actually begins to make more sense. Every other automaker would charge you that much, or more, just for a navigation system without everything else this system does.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a black box recording driving parameters if it would get me some serious break on insurance premiums. I have had two tickets in my 45+ years of driving and no accidents. But I'm still paying State Farm $900 a year for coverage.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a black box recording driving parameters if it would get me some serious break on insurance premiums. I have had two tickets in my 45+ years of driving and no accidents. But I'm still paying State Farm $900 a year for coverage.
I'm not sure which company this is off the top of my head, but I know there's a company that actually does this.

I've sent an email to InfiniteSkyz with some questions.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I do have to point something else out. While $1500 is a good bit of money, especially as an option for such an inexpensive vehicle, when you stop and consider how much a system which does everything this system does would cost as an option on any other vehicle the price actually begins to make more sense. Every other automaker would charge you that much, or more, just for a navigation system without everything else this system does.

Excellent point! I think some of us have this idea that the option should be a % of the vehicle cost. This connectivity system for a $20k vehicle would be fine priced at $1500, but for the Elio at roughly $6800, we think the option should be less. Doesn't work that way. The system costs what it costs, the supplier and Elio want to make at least some money on the option, and there you have it. And I could not agree more that every other automaker would charge more for less functionality, for this system, and a LOT more for the same functionality as this system.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent point! I think some of us have this idea that the option should be a % of the vehicle cost. This connectivity system for a $20k vehicle would be fine priced at $1500, but for the Elio at roughly $6800, we think the option should be less. Doesn't work that way. The system costs what it costs, the supplier and Elio want to make at least some money on the option, and there you have it. And I could not agree more that every other automaker would charge more for less functionality, for this system, and a LOT more for the same functionality as this system.
I think the difference here is, and don't let me speak for everyone, I am here for a low cost high mileage car. If it gets great mileage but costs too much (Tesla) it's out of the question. If it's inexpensive but doesn't get great mileage, then what's the point? I already have a car. So for me, and perhaps others, buying a $1500 'wow-that's-cool' thing, defeats the purpose of the car.
I agree that Elio may be wanting to make this car more widely desired. Drop a V8 in the thing and make a rocket out of it. That will excite some demographic of buyers, but my gut tells me that the majority of the people on here are here for inexpensive and good mileage.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
10431224_10152456979823027_4316100660377199467_o.jpg

Note how the this info is mounted on a second screen on the right side of the Elio dash.

Top Bottom