• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Informative Video

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:cool:
LeftSideRear.jpg
RightSideRear.jpg
DashGauges.jpg

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that radio looks oddly shaped. Maybe it's a single DIN, but with rounded corners? Maybe if you squared off the corners of the fascia, it would be single DIN? In which case, maybe it's standard mounting arrangement on the inside, and just a strange fascia plate.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that radio looks oddly shaped. Maybe it's a single DIN, but with rounded corners? Maybe if you squared off the corners of the fascia, it would be single DIN? In which case, maybe it's standard mounting arrangement on the inside, and just a strange fascia plate.
Under the plastic fascia with the oval opening:
image.png

From that picture, looks like it could be a standard single DIN or maybe even a double DIN hiding under that oval fascia. So perhaps all we need to do is remove the fascia, install a standard headunit, then replace the fascia with an aftermarket fascia.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Under the plastic fascia with the oval opening:
View attachment 10665
From that picture, looks like it could be a standard single DIN or maybe even a double DIN hiding under that oval fascia. So perhaps all we need to do is remove the fascia, install a standard headunit, then replace the fascia with an aftermarket fascia.

I hope that's the case! I had planned all along to install a unit w/retractable screen... The Skyze unit is way too pricey for what you're getting... Here's hoping the gauge cluster shown here is what they go into production with... Offer the Elgin as an option... That should satisfy everyone I'm thinkin'
h_r:cool:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's hoping the gauge cluster shown here is what they go into production with... Offer the Elgin as an option... That should satisfy everyone I'm thinkin'
h_r:cool:
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

The instrument cluster will be the Elgin only, period.

If you want something else, it will have to be aftermarket.
I already have plans for the gauges I'm using; someone else that is getting one of my setups named it the "Coss Cluster"

Top Bottom