• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interior Dash

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Those won't fit, good luck modifying the entire faceplate if you do decide to use them.
I have looked at the specs, and JEBar did get me a general measurement is how I know they won't work.

I have found a suitable replacement that will take over the 2 round Elgin "gauges"
But I'm not going to share until I get the measurements I need; those are the Exact diameter of the Elgin "circle"

Simply use "Torque" app and a $11 Bluetooth OBDII adapter... you can customize the gauges however you like.
Use this; it's already programmed for cars, and it's free.

VDO Instrumentation App | VDO Instruments and Accessories

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those won't fit, good luck modifying the entire faceplate if you do decide to use them.
I have looked at the specs, and JEBar did get me a general measurement is how I know they won't work.
I don't think that pic was posted to suggest a direct replacement, just an overall design of the look and feel some of us would prefer over the Elgin panel.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The old Geo dash would probably be a "drop in".
I liked it, even the top mph shown was 95, IIRR. That way when someone says, "how fast?"
The reply could be, "I can max out (bury) the speedo".
I thought that at first too; that was until I found out the changed the dash from the P4 to the P5.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have found a suitable replacement that will take over the 2 round Elgin "gauges"
But I'm not going to share until I get the measurements I need; those are the Exact diameter of the Elgin "circle"

Use this; it's already programmed for cars, and it's free.

VDO Instrumentation App | VDO Instruments and Accessories

I measured the P4 & if you remove the
face plate the Dakota will fit. What's
not clear is weather it's a plug & play
situation. If EM offers the Dakotas
as a factory option &/or a Pep Boys
install I would seriously consider going that route.
Otherwise am certainly interested in alternatives.....

Last edited:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen a radio as simple as that since that portable transistor radio I had in the early 80's. As that a vintage 7-segment LED display? Doesn't even have station preset buttons. I need to update to something that has bluetooth, so I probably won't have that model. I doubt mine will ever actually play the radio.

Overall, looks clean and functional, though. Whats' that round spot between the gages?
I would say the High Beam Indicator Light

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BiloxiGeek gave us a picture which I reproduce here.
dash-markedup-png.9130.png

It will be interesting to see what options are available.

Top Bottom