• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
First time I've seen where the exhaust is routed. Interesting.

Yes that is new and from the roof slope and pillar sizes I do believe this is a year one Elio image. So it looks like there has been a major revision to the exhaust routing.

G1, How do we print this? Is the slide available somewhere on the Elio Motors Web site?

This image is from a screen shot taken from the video on the Investor Inquiries page of the Elio Motors web site. If you are using a Windows computer you should be given an option to save the image when you right-click then you can do whatever you wish.

https://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a bit of a different perspective on this. It could actually be that EM has a group of investors lined up, but short of actually making a public offering, they would either have to file a 506b offering under regulation D which would restrict investor participation to a private offering with no "general solicitation" or file a 506c, which provided the opportunity for them to open the investment to any "qualified" investor. Since EM has stated before that they would provide the reservation holders with an opportunity to invest, the 506c was probably their only real option. Unfortunately, that does restrict the potential investor pool, but it also simplifies the process of keeping track of all the investors, since there will be fewer of them. This could actually be a good thing, since a sudden requirement for additional capital could signal their readiness to start tooling up the factory to build the next prototypes.
I've been wondering about a similar scenario too.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea what major investor backed out, though we'd probably never know, with NDA's usually involved. Elio Motors has said in their blog that less than 15% of excess equipment is for sale on eBay. I would agree they have not said how much has been sold by Comau, versus subcontracted out to Automation Recovery to sell on ebay vs what's in their w

I saved that too, but I thought I heard PE say that Cooper was making a "special" tire for them at the 4:10 mark? ala 1st Gen Prius?

This is not too surprising as from what we were told the tire size was going to be a size of tire which is only currently used for limited life spare 'donuts' tires in the USA and not regular use tires. Due to the light weight and fuel efficiency requirements it makes sense for EM to use a very narrow tire.

If the tire size we were told last year is still the same there is a widely available tire which is the same circumference and height but about 1/4 inch wider. This is good because as with this tire being widely available it means buying a serviceable replacement tire should not be too difficult if stranded and the Elio specific siz tire is not available locally. As EM will be selling so many of these vehicles it should not take too long for the EM tire size to make it into wide distribution.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not too surprising as from what we were told the tire size was going to be a size of tire which is only currently used for limited life spare 'donuts' tires in the USA and not regular use tires. Due to the light weight and fuel efficiency requirements it makes sense for EM to use a very narrow tire.

If the tire size we were told last year is still the same there is a widely available tire which is the same circumference and height but about 1/4 inch wider. This is good because as with this tire being widely available it means buying a serviceable replacement tire should not be too difficult if stranded and the Elio specific siz tire is not available locally. As EM will be selling so many of these vehicles it should not take too long for the EM tire size to make it into wide distribution.
I don't suppose it's a 140/80 - 18? :D:D:D:D.
img0780gd.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes that is new and from the roof slope and pillar sizes I do believe this is a year one Elio image. So it looks like there has been a major revision to the exhaust routing.

This image is from a screen shot taken from the video on the Investor Inquiries page of the Elio Motors web site. If you are using a Windows computer you should be given an option to save the image when you right-click then you can do whatever you wish.

Thanks

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No idea what major investor backed out, though we'd probably never know, with NDA's usually involved. Elio Motors has said in their blog that less than 15% of excess equipment is for sale on eBay. I would agree they have not said how much has been sold by Comau, versus subcontracted out to Automation Recovery to sell on ebay vs what's in their w

I saved that too, but I thought I heard PE say that Cooper was making a "special" tire for them at the 4:10 mark? ala 1st Gen Prius?
My understanding is that it is a custom tire, made and sized specifically for the elio. Let us hope they sell more than 100 of them (25 prototypes plus 13 front wheel and 12 rear wheel spares).

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If you remember the manhole cover misfortune in New York, I'm glad they re-routed it!

Top Bottom