• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am amazed anyone could misrepresent what I asked and think I was using sarcasm.

All I asked was for current information, about the plant or elsewhere, that would show if Elio was gearing up for production. Why?, Because it will take them 12-18 months to build out the plant and if there are signs of progress there now, then it would be a good predictor of when the Elio will be available.

I hoped to read that Elio had started moving equipment around, that the assembly line was being modified to handle three wheels, that they were accepting applications and screening employees. That Electricians were moving power, that millwrights were hired to set up the machines, that the body dies were being built and the subcontractors were staring to set up their lines for producing parts. That delivery trucks were being modified for shipping, or that the first 100 reservationists were being invited to a party to pick up their Elios. I really hoped I would read something that showed there was a flurry of activity in the plant in Louisiana and hopefully it was not just a locked up building.

That's all. No sarcasm, just honest questions.

This seems like information that everyone would want to know.

I am utterly baffled at the general sensitive nature of this forum. This has got to be the most sensitive forum I've ever been a part of in 15 years of being a "car guy".

Almost feels like whispering to somebody and them accusing you of "yelling" at them. Kind of bizarre, really.

I would say that members here need to develop thicker skin but feel that would be drastically overstating a total non-issue because that assumes there is some sort of mean-natured posting going on which isn't even remotely the case.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am utterly baffled at the general sensitive nature of this forum. This has got to be the most sensitive forum I've ever been a part of in 15 years of being a "car guy".

Almost feels like whispering to somebody and them accusing you of "yelling" at them. Kind of bizarre, really.

I would say that members here need to develop thicker skin but feel that would be drastically overstating a total non-issue because that assumes there is some sort of mean-natured posting going on which isn't even remotely the case.
Think of it as a guy whose wife is carrying their first child through a difficult and risky pregnancy. He keeps getting told everything is on schedule and will be all right but he is still defensive and anxious. He wants good news and not anything that might be a negative, perceived or not.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Future Elio owners are very sensitive people when it comes to doubting statements. DON"T CRITICIZE US!!!!!!!LOL

Phil B

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that the production start date is still a moving target. I went all in for the full $1k and consider this a gamble rather than an investment. If or when production does start, I would have one of the first produced of a currently unique vehicle. Think about a 1953 Corvette, 1955 Thunderbird or 1964 (1/2) Mustang and realize the gamble will be worth it when production does start. And, if it never is manufactured you will have a great story to tell your grandchildren.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems that the production start date is still a moving target. I went all in for the full $1k and consider this a gamble rather than an investment. If or when production does start, I would have one of the first produced of a currently unique vehicle. Think about a 1953 Corvette, 1955 Thunderbird or 1964 (1/2) Mustang and realize the gamble will be worth it when production does start. And, if it never is manufactured you will have a great story to tell your grandchildren.
Phil B, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. I hope you have been following the Elio development on the many threads on the forum. As you may know we are, mostly, a friendly helpful bunch and try to keep the forum informative and entertaining. Looking forward to your comments and opinions. Enjoy both the Elio experience and the journey with all the members of the forum.

Top Bottom