• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that that is exactly what will happen. My proposal to Elio is that for Ohio buyers, Elio waive the delivery fee and extend the warranty 1,000 miles to cover the mileage put on the car by driving it home from Shreveport. Ohio people buy cars in KY all the time; you get a temp tag and title from KY, go to Ohio, pay your sales tax and get the car titled and registered in Ohio. Don't know about the LA sales tax and how it would work out in this situation.

Another solution is for Elio to put the Ohio sales location in Kentucky. I don't know if they have the same restrictive laws as Ohio (and they very well may), but that might be a work around.

I am concerned that Elio has not responded to my inquiry on this matter. They are going to run into this issue in other states, and need to be able to deal with it.
Ohio has been the only state so far that has been so aggressive about it as far as I understand. I suspect they have bitten off their nose to spite their face and simply don't realize it yet. They will learn in time. :-) Z

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ohio has been the only state so far that has been so aggressive about it as far as I understand. I suspect they have bitten off their nose to spite their face and simply don't realize it yet. They will learn in time. :) Z
Ohio has been the only state so far that has been so aggressive about it as far as I understand. I suspect they have bitten off their nose to spite their face and simply don't realize it yet. They will learn in time. :) Z
I'm sorry to say that governmentally speaking, Ohio is full of very slow learners. The Elio will be history, or the Democrats will be in charge of the state, or the mastodons once again roam the earth, before the state legislature will change its mind on this. Elio Motors is going to have to deal with the problem. Too many potential sales to let it drop.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
elio will reach a tipping point in 2015 ..

we all know it iS coming !!

the next time there is an announcement of delays in production …..

Sorry, no one will be stupid enough to put down a deposit, no matter WHAT the "bonus plan", if there is another delay.

someone explain to me

why they would be offering this 50% BONUS

if they have all the funds they need

the engine is running

they are ready to start production in 2015 ?????

so damn close ….

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Non speculation fact - Last spring, I asked a relative (who worked very closely with Takata) to ask the Takata reps what they knew about Elio production progress. The reps said they had talked to Elio early on, but had not talked to Elio in years.

I saw the P4 on May 15, 2013 and was told by Jerome that they would be available for purchase in January 2014. Shortly after that, Elio came out and changed date to March 2014, and then to August, then December, then 1st quarter 2015, then third quarter, then fourth quarter, and now 2016??? I have no idea how many times the date was slid prior to May 2013.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope Elio builds the vehicle, but my sense is that it is just Paul Elio's dream just to "design" the car, but not his dream to produce it. If he wanted it produced, it would already be in production, even if on a limited scale while he revised it to the next version.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope Elio builds the vehicle, but my sense is that it is just Paul Elio's dream just to "design" the car, but not his dream to produce it. If he wanted it produced, it would already be in production, even if on a limited scale while he revised it to the next version.

I hope you didn't put much money down.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I decided to wait to see if they ever get built. If they do, then I'll wave as everyone drives by and feel sorry for myself.

BTW - I speculate that there are 100's of thousands of others like me who want to buy it but are unwilling to gamble on Elio, without Elio actually promising to deliver.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I decided to wait to see if they ever get built. If they do, then I'll wave as everyone drives by and feel sorry for myself.

BTW - I speculate that there are about 100's of thousands of others like me who want to buy it but are unwilling to gamble on Elio, without Elio actually promising to deliver.

So, since you are too smart to invest, why are you on the Elioowners web site except to ...... you tell me why you are here.

Top Bottom