• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is This Ruling Going To Effect Elio Since They Are Following The Telsa Sales Model.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the sound of it, some states issue a motorcycle only license? Maybe that's the difference. Michigan does require a regular driver's license with a cycle endorsement to legally operate a motorcycle on public roads.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question is why did we have members that joined in mid to late 2014; that haven't been active suddenly dump that information here to stir all of us up?
Coss....this was a article from Yahoo auto news that has come out in January 2016.....I'm glad I posted the article and see the community is aware of it. Why don't I follow the owners group anymore....Simple we have been sitting still since 2008. I've made a reservation and bought a 100 shares of stock. I don't want the DRAMA anymore. This car was supposed to have been built a long time ago and targets consistently missed. I want the car or I wouldn't have put up my cash. But I don't need heartburn from watching for little to no movement for 4 years. So it came out january 2016....what better place to vet the article then on here ????

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss....this was a article from Yahoo auto news that has come out in January 2016.....I'm glad I posted the article and see the community is aware of it. Why don't I follow the owners group anymore....Simple we have been sitting still since 2008. I've made a reservation and bought a 100 shares of stock. I don't want the DRAMA anymore. This car was supposed to have been built a long time ago and targets consistently missed. I want the car or I wouldn't have put up my cash. But I don't need heartburn from watching for little to no movement for 4 years. So it came out january 2016....what better place to vet the article then on here ????
Interesting that you should comment on this; you were not part of the group of users I was referring to.
Plus you had to go back 9 days ago to find my comment; this is also the first mention of any article that came out elsewhere.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There certainly is a fair share of drama and I fully understand the need to escape for awhile. Athough if one leaves they miss out on the varied opinions, info beyond Elio, and the good humor.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
<snip> .....what better place to vet the article then on here ????

Vetting
is the process of performing a background check on someone before offering them employment, conferring an award, etc. A prospective person or project may be vetted before making a hiring decision. In addition, in intelligence gathering, assets are vetted to determine their usefulness.

Ok, so where is the article?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
<snip> .....what better place to vet the article then on here ????

Vetting
is the process of performing a background check on someone before offering them employment, conferring an award, etc. A prospective person or project may be vetted before making a hiring decision. In addition, in intelligence gathering, assets are vetted to determine their usefulness.

Ok, so where is the article?
The poster was probably referring to the Yahoo republication of the GreenCarReports hack piece on the NHTSA "rulemaking."

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/nhtsa-alter-vehicle-code-prevent-3-wheelers-elio-140000250.html

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If motorcycle classification is determined by the NHTSA and not by legislative law, then why did Senator Vittor introduce his autocycle bill in congress?

I believe there is no real intention in bringing this to a vote on the floor of congress and sending it to the president. This is small stuff for them. I suspect this is done so it will be in place when the Elio starts production. The bill may influence the thinking of congress, and the NHTSA is not about to go contrary to what congress thinks would be good. I believe this bill would stop the NHTSA from changing the definition of a vehicle (3 wheel vehicle) while it is under consideration of congress (via the Vitter bill). Thus this bill would protect the Elio from regulations NHTSA may make. I suspect this is how government works.

I always said Paul Elio was smart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom