• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It's Official . Paul Has Let Me Down

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wonder how I can change my user name from "Trusting" to "Dumb Ass"?
The interesting part is is this. I took $2K back in 2013 and with my brother in law, went aggressive and I knew the risk of losing was no big deal. In essence, it was play money. Just that $2K is now $4600. Most of that has been made in the last two years. At this point, if I reserved 2 elios in 2013, then went in with the commit to buy and using the $7,450 as a base price, here's what I came up with.

75% Discount - $1500 ($750*2)
$7,000 commit bonus - $900 ($7450(2)-$7000(2))
Total Savings - $2400

So, just going aggressive in investing and not caring if I lost it all (but not being dumb at investing) would result in a $2200 profit. I'm wondering if most Elio reservationists are really rich. Because it's getting to the point that even conservative investing would make back on what you gave to Elio. On the other hand, investing in Tesla for the IPO would have allowed everyone here to cash in, send Elio a check with the profits and thus, Elio they would have an Elio by now.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The interesting part is is this. I took $2K back in 2013 and with my brother in law, went aggressive and I knew the risk of losing was no big deal. In essence, it was play money. Just that $2K is now $4600. Most of that has been made in the last two years. At this point, if I reserved 2 elios in 2013, then went in with the commit to buy and using the $7,450 as a base price, here's what I came up with.

75% Discount - $1500 ($750*2)
$7,000 commit bonus - $900 ($7450(2)-$7000(2))
Total Savings - $2400

So, just going aggressive in investing and not caring if I lost it all (but not being dumb at investing) would result in a $2200 profit. I'm wondering if most Elio reservationists are really rich. Because it's getting to the point that even conservative investing would make back on what you gave to Elio. On the other hand, investing in Tesla for the IPO would have allowed everyone here to cash in, send Elio a check with the profits and thus, Elio they would have an Elio by now.
It seems the point of high risk investing in EM was to show support for the company and to help provide the necessary funding needed for production, or at least completing and testing the E builds..........not as part of a long term investment plan to supplement retirement.

Are most Elio reservationists rich? No, hard working, average income people wanting affordable/reliable transportation. That was exactly the target market of the Say Hello to Elio marketing campaign. Marketing genius.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Buying stock is not tangible, so any profits until realized are just paper gains (or losses). The wines I buy and cellar; well, I can trade my winners and drink my losers. The Elio $1k deposit was pure speculation from the get-go. As with any portfolio, there will be winners and losers in this risky pool. This potential loss really will sting because I wanted this vehicle, not for transportation, but for entertainment. At least I’ll have a t-shirt reminder.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would say we have all been let down. Now, I'm not the world's greatest business man by a long shot. All though, I went into business for myself about a year after collage and retired when I was 57....Not rich, but comfortable. Anyway, as I see it the problem must be with Paul. The product has proven it will sell and it "could" be a good investment. I can only suspect that Paul doesn't want to give the potential investors what they want. People with the kind of money he needs didn't get all that money by making bad deals. He's going to have to give up a lot in the way of shares in the company and power to get them on board. If I were him I would rather own 10% of Elio Motors that is building cars, that own 100% of Elio Motors that is kaput.
All I can assume is Paul still hanging on to his goal of trying to sell the ELIO for 7K while the investors are pressuring him to realistically price it were everybody makes money. It could be the big ego vs reality TV. What else can we do here but assume- we're not getting any real info. due to all these sworn to secrecy stuff. :D

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there's anything I can fault Paul for is his idea (from the movie Fields of Dreams) that "if you sell it (the idea), they will come (reservation holders)". He got it all wrong. Had he build it (the entire e-series down to pre-prod), they will come (the investors) and the ELIO will sell! There goes me again with my assumptions! :D
Yeah, in my book, it's pronounced, "Aw-sue-me!"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I can assume is Paul still hanging on to his goal of trying to sell the ELIO for 7K while the investors are pressuring him to realistically price it were everybody makes money. It could be the big ego vs reality TV. What else can we do here but assume- we're not getting any real info. due to all these sworn to secrecy stuff. :D
I know you know 7k's been out the window for years

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice new website!! It’s a bit disconcerting that the SEC info differs from what EM puts out for public consumption. It’s interesting they still say > 65,000 reservations: since they are still ‘accepting’ them it makes me wonder at what levels they are at, and how many ‘refundables’ has been refunded. Since there is such little information (accurate or inaccurate) given out, one has to assume that the 65,000 threshold is maintaining but likely with smaller refundables. With the internet and so many disgruntled I just can’t imagine 500 buck and up non refundables as a notable percentage.

Of course no one really knows anything about what is factual or still protected as “Forward Looking...” The one thing we do know is that EM is feeding us nothing but inane pablum and even that inane pablum might be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom