• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It's Official . Paul Has Let Me Down

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you look on the new Elio Motors website:
As of June 30, 2017
65,373 Total Reservations (refundable and non refundable)
36,435 Total Reservations locked in at $7300
21,204 Total reservations locked in at $7000 and a binding purchase agreement

With that being pretty much 6 months old, I'd suspect Elio must be well over 70K total reservations by now because to reach 65,373 reservations took 54 months which averages out to 1,210 per month.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you look on the new Elio Motors website:
As of June 30, 2017
65,373 Total Reservations (refundable and non refundable)
36,435 Total Reservations locked in at $7300
21,204 Total reservations locked in at $7000 and a binding purchase agreement

With that being pretty much 6 months old, I'd suspect Elio must be well over 70K total reservations by now because to reach 65,373 reservations took 54 months which averages out to 1,210 per month.
I don't think that they are much over 65,373. They have not been advertising, going to car shows, and nothing new of substance. Early believers were big boosters, now most have given up and would not try to convince people to risk their money. The loss of members here, the biggest supporters, is quite telling.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's $7,526. That $7,450 is a targeted price. Please read the SEC filing, it's right in there straight from Elio motors mouth.
You did not explain that it was with the SEC filing as that number has changed over the years and the locked in prices also have changed. Elio does not send you a receipt on any price of the vehicle when you make a deposit.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Elio Motors site is this:
https://ir.eliomotors.com/

IR means investor Relations, not Ingersoll Rand. This is where you need to look at your info, not the glitzy website that is designed for unaccredited investors. Elio uses the wording "targeted" because they know that accredited investors will not just accept that as fact. As for the unaccredited ones, they do. Once that price point has passed, then they complain after the fact.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's $7,526. That $7,450 is a targeted price. Please read the SEC filing, it's right in there straight from Elio motors mouth.
It does not really matter. It'll take a miracle to sell the ELIO for that price...that is if they even get to production after years of waiting!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does not really matter. It'll take a miracle to sell the ELIO for that price...that is if they even get to production after years of waiting!
It comes down to is what investors look at as opposed to everyone else. Elio publishes this information for all to see but investors are the only ones that care, thus the specific investors link. It looks like at this point, we really need to see what they are reading and getting as info. As for the general public website, it's a bit out of date and does not address the pertinent issues.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It comes down to is what investors look at as opposed to everyone else. Elio publishes this information for all to see but investors are the only ones that care, thus the specific investors link. It looks like at this point, we really need to see what they are reading and getting as info. As for the general public website, it's a bit out of date and does not address the pertinent issues.
So in your unbiased opinion, do you really think that the ELIO will sell for $7400??

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So in your unbiased opinion, do you really think that the ELIO will sell for $7400??
I don't think so at all. I've been proved wrong by other engineers and I want Paul to do it too. What I'd rather see is someone do what they say they can do, especially when they ask for other peoples money to make that vision a reality. So far we have seen the vision but not the reality.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so at all. I've been proved wrong by other engineers and I want Paul to do it too. What I'd rather see is someone do what they say they can do, especially when they ask for other peoples money to make that vision a reality. So far we have seen the vision but not the reality.
Exactly.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mean I won't even complain if the ELIO does not offer an A/C for that price, I'll buy it with a manual transmission, no steering power assist and no A/C- just make it and I'll buy it!;)

Top Bottom