• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It's Official . Paul Has Let Me Down

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who even needs a car? We got by with just our feet for hundreds of thousands of years. If you NEED to go faster, horses seem like an environmentally friendly alternative? :D
flintstones_car.jpg

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing to watch all of these other companies coming up with all of the new innovation of hybrids, self during, etc. However this "simple" design is taking forever. very disappointing

"Forever".... and how many millions of dollars? It's amazing, mostly off the shelf parts, no new technology, small, simple.... and still no cars.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Forever".... and how many millions of dollars? It's amazing, mostly off the shelf parts, no new technology, small, simple.... and still no cars.
If it's mostly off the shelf parts, then I'd love to know what they are. From what i see, it's all custom designed parts and of the "off the shelf" parts, that's what other manufacturers. Case in point, a Ford F150 and a BMW 335d use the same transmission but they are not interchangeable. You'd never know it until you pull one out. Same for things like ABS units. You can literally place fice Teves MK10 units on a table and even though they all look the same, they fit 10 different cars. It's just that they are all programmed and wired differently. Same for a Valeo wiper system. They all are the same just made a bit different to fit each individual application.

Just so you know, suppliers can't just allow you to use a part they designed for GM and use it for your car. They will have to change it enough that you can't use it for either. If not, they are not a blue chip supplier (I have no idea what blue chip supplier is but Elio keeps using that term). Even though that old information which Elio has published, you have to look at what off the shelf means and how it applies to every other car out there. In the end, Elio is no different than a Silverado.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think about it. The Elio goes 672 miles on a tank of gas. So you can make 650 miles without a worry in the world. That would be like going from Elio Global HQ in Phoenix to the Elio Global Manufacturing Campus in Shreveport and only having to stop once for gas. I can't see why you'd need A/C for that trip in August. The dry heat in Phoenix will counteract the humid heat in Shreveport. That's only a short 18.5 hours and only a moron would need A/C.
So, you plan on having 65k+ hundred of thousand more people drive back and forth on your one route. Happy trails.

Top Bottom