• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even with the 123 million in debt, Elio is still a good deal. The assets are the production ready Elio, the Shreveport Plant lease, the autocycle laws changed. These 3 things mean with a production loan, it can be made, Big Time. If you were to add 376 + 123 = 499 million, it is about what it costs any car company to come out with a new model. 1/2 a billion is still a bargain to get Elio's on the road.
http://www.ien.com/product-development/video/20860197/elio-motors-falls-deeper-in-debt
I ain't good at math but you're only talking about the consumer's (that's us) perspective - so let's just assume for a minute that your calculation was right- 499 million cost- now the investors are looking at this like hhhmmmm, 499 million in debt, now we're going to sell this at this measly price of $7,400, how long would it take us to get our initial investment let alone starts seeing a profit??? You've got to realize Booboo, this is business venture.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM is in no obligation to deliver or sell any product remember??? So promising or agreeing in a contract to bring about 1,500 jobs to Shreveport while still looking for funding is just not the way they operate! :D
Note: This message should you decide to agree...will self destruct/deleted in 5..4..3..2..puff! :D

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let Louisiana be the only state that is different---let it have dealerships.

But make sure the dealerships are owned by people on the commission!

Then things should be OK.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's right...and why even compare it to a 4 wheeler....exotic or not, it's a unique 3wheeler we want so if it can be produced at that price, I say bring it on! :D
That's right!
Put a flashy paint job on it.
Throw some exotic mag wheels on it.
And just mention the word "turbo"

People (and reporters) will not be able to stop talking about it!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me the problem of not having dealerships can be cheaply resolved. Throw up a 600 sf metal bldg. Attach Elio logo. Hire a couple of cousins for minimum wage and call em salesman & mechanic. Just don't let them do anything but sit and swat flies.
fly swatting if you read the state regulations are illegal in LA.
Besides -why take the problem(s) out on flies, then there's the health department........., EPA.............. OSHA............

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What if, EM offers dealerships, and explains the pricing structure will only allow $100.00 profit per unit and 5% on options. Then the buy in for the franchise would be ,,,, lets say 7.5 million for up to 4 stores in LA.
If EM does not get any takers, would that get the commish off their back?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naw. I've got it. Sell some franchises in LA just like the commission want them to.
Part of the franchise agreement would be that the franchise owner must charge a "Louisiana Franchise Fee" of $1500 per vehicle.
That lets the people know why they're getting ripped off. Keep in mind the commission is "protecting the customers".

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naw. I've got it. Sell some franchises in LA just like the commission want them to.
Part of the franchise agreement would be that the franchise owner must charge a "Louisiana Franchise Fee" of $1500 per vehicle.
That lets the people know why they're getting ripped off. Keep in mind the commission is "protecting the customers".
Nope, they have that covered as well in title 32, section 1261.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title32/rs32-1261

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ain't good at math but you're only talking about the consumer's (that's us) perspective - so let's just assume for a minute that your calculation was right- 499 million cost- now the investors are looking at this like hhhmmmm, 499 million in debt, now we're going to sell this at this measly price of $7,400, how long would it take us to get our initial investment let alone starts seeing a profit??? You've got to realize Booboo, this is business venture.
Elio has said they plan on a 1K profit/Elio.
If I loaned them 1/2 a billion, I would barter for around 1/2 that until even. 500/Elio.
500,000,000 / 500 = 1 million Elio's
500,000 motorcycles are sold each year.
So let's just say for fun, that's how many Elio's will sell each year.
500,000 X 500 = 250,000,000 a year.
I get all my money back in 2 years, and now am an integral part of ElioMotors ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom