• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Keyless Entry Standard? If Not Price Idea?

Will keyless entry be standard?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No. Add on in $0-$200 range

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No. Add on in $201-$400 range

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No. Add on above $400

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want keyless entry and stop asking me questions

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
We have all seen by now that power locks are coming standard. Well it doesn't make much sense to have power locks for a vehicle with one door besides the ease of implementing keyless entry along with it. I believe someone also noted the power locks might actually be slightly lighter than manual (or that might have been about the windows, I don't remember). Anyways my big question for the day is if we think or know if keyless entry will also be standard or if it isn't what price range would it be in to add on? I'm guessing and hoping not more than $300 as an add on. Please feel free to provide you two cents.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would also assume that is part of the power lock setup. It's such a common system on most cars so it's probably pretty cheap. If all power locks meant is that the lock goes up and down with a button instead of by hand that would be just stupid on a car with one door.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
We have all seen by now that power locks are coming standard. Well it doesn't make much sense to have power locks for a vehicle with one door besides the ease of implementing keyless entry along with it. I believe someone also noted the power locks might actually be slightly lighter than manual (or that might have been about the windows, I don't remember). Anyways my big question for the day is if we think or know if keyless entry will also be standard or if it isn't what price range would it be in to add on? I'm guessing and hoping not more than $300 as an add on. Please feel free to provide you two cents.

Good question. I agree with some other responses: if you have one lock, and it's a button instead of a pull it up stem next to the window, we can only hope that a key fob is included with a button to lock and a button to unlock. Probably don't need a button to release the trunk. Hoping they won't include the alarm system.

But to keep costs low, one can also understand that a keyless remote may be extra $$.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I have gotten used to it.
I say Yes. Should be incorporated into the package if they are going with power locks anyway.
MK

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I paid $4.95 for my last replacement key fob... not expensive from that side at all. But, the receiver in the car itself is a different story...

I just saw a pair of them on eBay (brand new) for $7.00... oh... $3.00 shipping... as long as the door locks are electric, those unlock systems are as cheap as $20... and they include 2 remotes.

Top Bottom