• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Keyless Entry Standard? If Not Price Idea?

Will keyless entry be standard?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No. Add on in $0-$200 range

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No. Add on in $201-$400 range

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No. Add on above $400

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want keyless entry and stop asking me questions

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, you are fortunate because there aren't many places like that any more and unless the job market improves more people will be looking to get into our cars and/or houses. Here in Las Cruces if you leave your car unlocked you can expect anything in it to be gone the next morning. The police encourage everyone to put their cars in the garage or to make sure there is nothing obvious in it when left out, and locked, at night.
I always lock my car in my carport at all times. I simply do not lock it when I am in it. :-) Z

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm reminded that there may well be another concern at the drive-up . . . just where do you put that bag 'o burgers? You can't hold it in your lap, put it on the floor, or reach around to squeeze to behind the seat. I may have to be more civilized and go inside to pick up my meal . . . necessitating my getting dressed for the occasion. :(
Hooray! Elio solves the eating in the car distraction.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you haven't had a car with manually cranked windows in a while, I have and they're pretty tough to deal with. With every conceivable service now offering "drive - up convenience" you get to wind that handle located down by your left ankle 6 - 7 turns to get to your food, money, prescriptions, or even your dry cleaning.

With the high gear ratios used today, that's a bit of awkward exercise I don't need. After 30 years with power windows, I'm spoiled.
my current vehicle is a ranger pickup. The only thing that is push-button on this truck is the starter. I don't miss a single power option and I would not give you a buck for all the little motorized gizmos out there.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my current vehicle is a ranger pickup. The only thing that is push-button on this truck is the starter. I don't miss a single power option and I would not give you a buck for all the little motorized gizmos out there.

Yep....Don't drive up the price of my vehicle because you want all this fancy stuff! Neither of my vehicles have power windows or locks. The power windows are nice and from what i've heard aren't any more expensive than manual windows.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep....Don't drive up the price of my vehicle because you want all this fancy stuff! Neither of my vehicles have power windows or locks. The power windows are nice and from what i've heard aren't any more expensive than manual windows.
If it's cheaper or only slight difference in production cost, then what the heck, why not. It will make more people buy it, which is good for the future of hyper-efficient transportation. The big auto producers have told us for years that they can't produce a basic car anymore 'cause no one would buy it. I'll buy it, but then again I'm practical. I think people WILL buy it if the price justifies giving up percieved luxury.
The original forign imports to this country did not have a ton of options or luxury. They sold on the basis that they were cheap, got good mpg, and were reliable. They didn't pull much market share from Cadillac, but they sure sold a LOT of them. I think the same concept can still sell millions, not EVEN today, but ESPECIALLY today.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I say the more nifty stuff the better. I will be in this vehicle most of my driving time.
But do agree. You should have the option - base model out the door. Or everything under the sun off the shelf.
MK

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original forign imports to this country did not have a ton of options or luxury. They sold on the basis that they were cheap, got good mpg, and were reliable. They didn't pull much market share from Cadillac, but they sure sold a LOT of them. I think the same concept can still sell millions, not EVEN today, but ESPECIALLY today.

So true!
American car companies had some real problems from the 50's thru the 80's. they kept building bigger & bigger in spite of advice to do otherwise. They were even quote to say "People will buy them because we build them!" They were blindsided by the success of the imports. Then later, started marketing the "glorified station wagons" (SUV's) and convinced most of us into believing " we need them." I truly think that NOW is the time for the Elio. I also don't think the big boys will be caught off guard for long. BUT, they will make it "a little bigger...a little wider...a little less mpg...a little heavier...and it will get around 50mpg's".....Then they'll make an SUV version!

Top Bottom