• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show 2016

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Marketing needs a revamp at shows. This is one of the biggest auto shows of the year and Elio tucks themselves away behind an insurance carrier (State Farm), nowhere to be found on either of the two main show floors. So much for building excitement in the brand. Elio staff is friendly enough, but provided conflicting information about almost everything. Almost everyone I talked to or overheard was already an Elio fan. The display did little to garner new fans, which is sorely needed. Who's running this road show? Get your people on the same page at least! Amazon's presence pushing "The Grand Tour" was everywhere in public places and they don't even have a car, just a streaming TV show! Even Polaris had four Slingshots right in the main lobby and product placement is keen. The Polaris booth was busy every time I walked past, which was several times. Didn't hurt, they have a Slingshot giveaway... Despite having a showing @ LA, average new reservations since the E1c reveal have actually tumbled, just 111 last week... About the only presence sadder than Elio was the SmartCar area. Virtually no one looking, despite being in main showroom.
Do you have any clue what trade show presence costs? Polaris has money. Elio does not. You have a point about more consistent training for the largely volunteer people who manage to be nice, enthusiastic, and on their feet many hours a day. I know that they do have occasional briefings on what they're going to say and not say, but different people on that team have different levels of experience with the car and different amounts of knowledge about it. So a Playbook would be helpful.

Regarding the display and the amount of visible presence throughout the show, I am sure Elio would welcome about half a million dollars to see that that happens. Just send Jerome a note saying that your check is in the mail, and I'm sure he'll be delighted.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any clue what trade show presence costs? Polaris has money. Elio does not. You have a point about more consistent training for the largely volunteer people who manage to be nice, enthusiastic, and on their feet many hours a day. I know that they do have occasional briefings on what they're going to say and not say, but different people on that team have different levels of experience with the car and different amounts of knowledge about it. So a Playbook would be helpful.

Regarding the display and the amount of visible presence throughout the show, I am sure Elio would welcome about half a million dollars to see that that happens. Just send Jerome a note saying that your check is in the mail, and I'm sure he'll be delighted.
.....only after he cashed it, and it didn't bounce........ :bounce:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LA Auto Show 2016 | Elio Motors Tour
November 23, 2016

The first week at the Los Angeles Auto Show is always buzzing with press, media, and the chance to get to know the automakers on a personal level. Our newsconference was exactly that. Founder and CEO Paul Elio did a quick introduction and handed the baton to Senior Vice President of Marketing Tim Andrews to address the packed crowd with his personal insights on what Elio Motors is all about. Here’s a short excerpt on his own reflections:

“The Elio story is about one man’s dream, the perseverance to never quit, and the incredible support of our fans across the United States. It is the fans, the supporters, the reservation holders, and now our new shareholders that have made a difference in this company. This, and all the people who work tirelessly within the company,seven days a week. For everyone involved, the Elio means much more than just being a high–mileage vehicle at a low price. We are poised to make a meaningful impact on bringing jobs back to the United States. The Elio can also have a significant impact on our environment and will redefine reliable, low cost transportation. This project is far more reaching than Paul Elio ever thought.”

Showcasing at this year’s LA Auto Show, the E1c is receiving rave reviews on the interior fit and finish, the purpose designed 3-cylinder engine, and the gorgeous black “Licorice” exterior. We’ll wrap–up next week’s blog with a series of up close photos of our shiny new addition, but heres a few from this weeks highlights:

[Broken External Image]

Paul Elio addresses the press

[Broken External Image]

Elio Motors display at the LA Auto Show

[Broken External Image]Paul Elio with the E1c

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In the picture that has the frame (2nd one down) what is that running along the roof rail on the left side?
Is that a wiring harness, or a glare from a light? Or what?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Side air bag. You can see the pressurized cylinder in the trunk area.
For the full length? I don't recall them saying that the air bags were going to extend into the rear passenger area.
You can see it sticking down through the window opening in the bottom picture.

As for the cylinder at the rear, I blew it up to 500% and I don't think it is, might be, but it just doesn't look right, at least it doesn't look like any of the charge cylinder I've seen before.
I'm going to try a different editing program and see if I can pull just the area out.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the full length? I don't recall them saying that the air bags were going to extend into the rear passenger area.
You can see it sticking down through the window opening in the bottom picture.

As for the cylinder at the rear, I blew it up to 500% and I don't think it is, might be, but it just doesn't look right, at least it doesn't look like any of the charge cylinder I've seen before.
I'm going to try a different editing program and see if I can pull just the area out.
There are some really good pictures of it in Joeker88's new Elio video. Right around 13:00

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There are some really good pictures of it in Joeker88's new Elio video. Right around 13:00
Saw them, and I'll go with "a very good possibility that it is the side air bag; like 95% chance it is"

I'd really like to see a matching one on the other side, but that can wait.
And one thing I was really hoping for was for it to deploy in the crash simulation video.

Top Bottom