• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then, here's some questions and "Things To Do!" list.

1) Since the P5 (E1 I've heard it called both) is going to be at the LA Car Show, take a tape measure with you and you'll be able to check height for real.
That is with someone in it; with two people in it and empty. That should only take a few minutes; look for a couple in line and wait for them; you'll also be able to watch the "action" of the vehicle as they get in and out. Then just write all 3 measurement down.

2) The P4 had "plastic" door windows, see if this new one has real door glass.

3) Take pictures of the front suspension to see how the covering works where it enters the body and how it looks; the P5 is supposed to have it more enclosed than previous models.

4) Look for the exhaust port and take pictures of it.

5) the new interior has been a big question, make sure to get as many pictures of the interior as you can. Many people are waiting for the 2 armrests, The Dash is a huge question mark; if you can get some measurements in there that would be fantastic. Like have someone hold the tape and take a picture so we can see dimensions, plus we're all curious how the <cough> Elgin Dash will look in it. Door panels, pictures of those are also welcome. I have plans on making some aftermarket custom parts to offer.

6) Fuel Filler; Go back to the fuel filler and see if they'll let you open it (if it has a door) and look at the fuel filler; see if it's just a regular screw in cap or see if it's a "no cap" like the corvettes and I think I heard someone mention Fords do it too. That has been a major topic here.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, as I'm sure the rest of the people here will too.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well then, here's some questions and "Things To Do!" list.

1) Since the P5 (E1 I've heard it called both) is going to be at the LA Car Show, take a tape measure with you and you'll be able to check height for real.
That is with someone in it; with two people in it and empty. That should only take a few minutes; look for a couple in line and wait for them; you'll also be able to watch the "action" of the vehicle as they get in and out. Then just write all 3 measurement down.

2) The P4 had "plastic" door windows, see if this new one has real door glass.

3) Take pictures of the front suspension to see how the covering works where it enters the body and how it looks; the P5 is supposed to have it more enclosed than previous models.

4) Look for the exhaust port and take pictures of it.

5) the new interior has been a big question, make sure to get as many pictures of the interior as you can. Many people are waiting for the 2 armrests, The Dash is a huge question mark; if you can get some measurements in there that would be fantastic. Like have someone hold the tape and take a picture so we can see dimensions, plus we're all curious how the <cough> Elgin Dash will look in it. Door panels, pictures of those are also welcome. I have plans on making some aftermarket custom parts to offer.

6) Fuel Filler; Go back to the fuel filler and see if they'll let you open it (if it has a door) and look at the fuel filler; see if it's just a regular screw in cap or see if it's a "no cap" like the corvettes and I think I heard someone mention Fords do it too. That has been a major topic here.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, as I'm sure the rest of the people here will too.
I would ask to add the height at the bottom of the license plate while loaded and unloaded, please.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a question I hope you don't have to ask: You: WTH!, "Where's the P5?"
Jerome: "Oh, we let some Goofyone guy take it out for a test drive and he's been gone for hours!"

if that did happen, that sure could happen .. :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would ask to add the height at the bottom of the license plate while loaded and unloaded, please.
??? Kind of an unusual request being that there is no front plate and the back plate is mounted high on the rear, just below the taillights.
It will use a motorcycle plate.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a question I hope you don't have to ask: You: WTH!, "Where's the P5?"
Jerome: "Oh, we let some Goofyone guy take it out for a test drive and he's been gone for hours!"
Do you really think they will let their one of a kind new baby go off on it's own to anyone except a select few? :nono:

Just like on that one football warm up show "Come On Man........."

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
??? Kind of an unusual request being that there is no front plate and the back plate is mounted high on the rear, just below the taillights.

I suspect that he's trying to determine how much the suspension will allow the body to drop .... a while back some innovative members mentioned needing that number to design a trailer hitch .... of course, that may have nothing to do with it

Reactions: Ekh

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect that he's trying to determine how much the suspension will allow the body to drop .... a while back some innovative members mentioned needing that number to design a trailer hitch .... of course, that may have nothing to do with it
< That's why I put the ????? at the beginning, it was meant as a question :p >

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is approximately where frame crosses the rear and where a certain warranty-voiding towing accessory could be located, if one were to be so stupid.

Top Bottom