• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well then, here's some questions and "Things To Do!" list.

1) Since the P5 (E1 I've heard it called both) is going to be at the LA Car Show, take a tape measure with you and you'll be able to check height for real.
That is with someone in it; with two people in it and empty. That should only take a few minutes; look for a couple in line and wait for them; you'll also be able to watch the "action" of the vehicle as they get in and out. Then just write all 3 measurement down.

2) The P4 had "plastic" door windows, see if this new one has real door glass.

3) Take pictures of the front suspension to see how the covering works where it enters the body and how it looks; the P5 is supposed to have it more enclosed than previous models.

4) Look for the exhaust port and take pictures of it.

5) the new interior has been a big question, make sure to get as many pictures of the interior as you can. Many people are waiting for the 2 armrests, The Dash is a huge question mark; if you can get some measurements in there that would be fantastic. Like have someone hold the tape and take a picture so we can see dimensions, plus we're all curious how the <cough> Elgin Dash will look in it. Door panels, pictures of those are also welcome. I have plans on making some aftermarket custom parts to offer.

6) Fuel Filler; Go back to the fuel filler and see if they'll let you open it (if it has a door) and look at the fuel filler; see if it's just a regular screw in cap or see if it's a "no cap" like the corvettes and I think I heard someone mention Fords do it too. That has been a major topic here.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, as I'm sure the rest of the people here will too.
Excellent questions. Hope our emissary is up to it -- he'll need to be a tad assertive to do all that. And he needs to use a wide-angle lens to shoot the interiors. Cell phone might do it, but ugh!

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't responded. Weekend get a little crazy around here with a 13yr old daughter in soccer and an 11yr old son in wrestling. Not a whole lot of time to pursue my own interests. Anyway, with that said, I have written down all the questions up to this point. I would like to think I will be up to the task so please don't hold back. The pictures will be plenty, the quality will be what it is. I am working on borrowing a camera from a family member so that I can take quality photos. My phone will be my failsafe, as always.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't responded. Weekend get a little crazy around here with a 13yr old daughter in soccer and an 11yr old son in wrestling. Not a whole lot of time to pursue my own interests. Anyway, with that said, I have written down all the questions up to this point. I would like to think I will be up to the task so please don't hold back. The pictures will be plenty, the quality will be what it is. I am working on borrowing a camera from a family member so that I can take quality photos. My phone will be my failsafe, as always.
Sounds like you are pursuing your primary interests, your kids, while looking forward to adopting an Elio to pass down for their future transportation needs.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In he backseat, how far is it from the seat butt to the roof? It'll give me an idea if I'm too tall to fit back there.

What is the overall width of the front? How far apart would two poles have to be in order to drive between them?

Now that the roof line has been raised, how big is the trunk? How big is the opening? How wide does it open?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If possible, pictures with and without the Skyz ipad would be nice. I understand they were going to make the ipad a more integrated part of the dash instead of it looking like an afterthought as in the P4. My fear is the dash will look ugly without it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If possible, pictures with and without the Skyz ipad would be nice. I understand they were going to make the ipad a more integrated part of the dash instead of it looking like an afterthought as in the P4. My fear is the dash will look ugly without it.
Good question. i don't want iCrap in my car... I rebel against their semi-monopolistic practice of only allowing proprietary parts/software.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question. i don't want iCrap in my car... I rebel against their semi-monopolistic practice of only allowing proprietary parts/software.
I definitely do not want that Ipad either. ( I love your name ). The media loves Steve Jobs but I do not because he was a mean and selfish person regardless of his products. So he made some fancy products. Big deal. To me, that places him in the same category as Mr. Popeil.

Ron Popeil was the person who developed and sold food processing products like the vegematic. I am sure Steve Jobs would hate to be placed in the same category as Ron Popeil, especially considering how arrogant Steve Jobs was.

They should change the dictionary so when you look up the definition of the word arrogant, it has Steve Jobs picture.

Top Bottom