• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True. I actually thought about that. It's about time they improved the USB connection. It'll take a long time to integrate for sure. What I like though (right now, of course) is that my Kindle, RCA MP3 player, headphones, Bluetooth headset, random kids toys, flashlights, etc. all use the same charger and cord.
I'm with you on all accounts. The common charging adapter is great. But a USB cable that doesn't care which way you plug it in? Gimme! At the rate we go through USB cables in my house, I already replace them on a regular basis, so buying more cables is pretty common. :p

As for the P5 at the auto show... Ask them when they're coming back to Ohio! :D

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Job's demands for product design, quality, and great salesmanship might, for those close to the process, might seem a severe task master,however just look at the results he achieved - I easily remember the many who saw the end of Apple a few years back, and if you want to talk about crazy nasty- Bill Gates makes Steve look like a prince.
Hemp and soy are o.k. but almond has a richer texture and flavor, Remember 165 degrees, add the milk to the pull,
speaking of arrogant Howard is no prince. (CEO Starbucks) which makes one of the most over-roasted and bitter shots.
The third best for living here in Seattle- , first- I'm gonna be a grandpa, and a close second is the legal pot!!
Back in the day I smoked twigs and small leafs, today the plant based is super potent. Been aimed into Vap and dab, new to me, and I gotta be sitting down after just one hit. ( I hope this falls within the moderators level of acceptance- if not away it goes)

Congrats on being a grandpa.... and the legal, um, relaxation. ;)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a line in the new Steve Jobs movie coming out that goes something like this:
"Your Apple stock is worth $240 million dollars and your daughter lives on welfare." .

It is true he had nothing to do with his own daughter for a long time and would not even support her. All this from birth when his child was an infant.

I am far more concerned with a person's character than how creative they are. The Nazi's were creative in regards to how efficiently they could kill people. Does that mean they deserve praise.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a line in the new Steve Jobs movie coming out that goes something like this:
"Your Apple stock is worth $240 million dollars and your daughter lives on welfare." .

It is true he had nothing to do with his own daughter for a long time and would not even support her. All this from birth when his child was an infant.

I am far more concerned with a person's character than how creative they are. The Nazi's were creative in regards to how efficiently they could kill people. Does that mean they deserve praise.

As a history buff, to be fair the Nazis were creative in MANY scientific endeavors. And no it still doesn't mean they deserve praise.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Karnaj, I know you asked for input when you go to the LA Show but Don't Ask them about the scientific achievements that Hitler and the Nazis came up with OK? Wouldn't go over very well I don't think.
If you do, we will disavow any knowledge of you as a Elio Owners forum member.

This thread will disintegrate in 9 ...................................................... 8 ............................................................ 7 ............................................. :spy:

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but if I make a new one it will probably get moved here anyway. So I booked my flight and I'll be at the auto show on the 23rd and depending if I feel like going back on 24th. I plan on taking lots of pics (cellphone only) and I too will do my best to get any answers to questions. Is anyone else planning on attending? I'll be pissed if the P5 doesn't make its debut! But I'm going to Vegas for thanksgiving anyway, so I thought I'd just go a couple days earlier for fun. Anyone tell me what the dress code is for an event like this?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to get us all up to date this is what I have so far. I will update this weekly if questions keep rolling in.

Questions to ask
1) Does the P5 come with production sound proofing?
2) Does it have OBD-II capabilities and are the limited by EM? If so how?
3) What is the current state of the turbo? Is it in the works? How far along is it?
4) Now knowing that they will use PPC coloring can they give the color specs for any of the colors? (Thank you TY for this knowledge)
5) What are the plans for yellow? Come on there has to be some, you can't upset that many people.
6) When will the options list for the Elio be listed? Possible date? (Could answer a lot of customization questions)

Pictures requested
1) Front suspension : how it comes out of the body panel, what the covering looks like
2) Exhaust port : Location (probably get an undershot for clearance if possible too)
3) Interior : With a tape measure for dimensions if possible
4) Dash : specific without Skyz system if possible (no tape measure)

Measurements
1) Height to bottom of license plate both laden and unladen
2) From seat to ceiling in backseat
3) Overall width of front of vehicle (specific to parking between 2 poles, not wheel width)
4) Trunk : Size dimensions, Width of opening

General observation
Is there a gas cap or not (as Corvette fill spot)

Last edited:
Top Bottom