• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
13 million new i-phones sold in three days. So not everybody feels that way. I suspect everybody doesn't like Paul Elio either. I didn't know the real Jobs nor do I know the real Elio. Buy the product you like from the company you trust that provides the quality and the best customer service at the price point you feel fair.

As a kid I saved and bought a Vegematic as a Mother's Day Gift and it couldn't cut through a potato. Definitely not the same quality product and/or personalities. Jobs was arrogant and I may have refused an invitation to his backyard BBQ.

Sent from my i-Pad, hopefully to be used in my Elio in the near future. If not then perhaps in the Apple i-Car anticipated production date 2019.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely do not want that Ipad either. ( I love your name ). The media loves Steve Jobs but I do not because he was a mean and selfish person regardless of his products. So he made some fancy products. Big deal. To me, that places him in the same category as Mr. Popeil.

Ron Popeil was the person who developed and sold food processing products like the vegematic. I am sure Steve Jobs would hate to be placed in the same category as Ron Popeil, especially considering how arrogant Steve Jobs was.

They should change the dictionary so when you look up the definition of the word arrogant, it has Steve Jobs picture.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Job's demands for product design, quality, and great salesmanship might, for those close to the process, might seem a severe task master,however just look at the results he achieved - I easily remember the many who saw the end of Apple a few years back, and if you want to talk about crazy nasty- Bill Gates makes Steve look like a prince.
Hemp and soy are o.k. but almond has a richer texture and flavor, Remember 165 degrees, add the milk to the pull,
speaking of arrogant Howard is no prince. (CEO Starbucks) which makes one of the most over-roasted and bitter shots.
The third best for living here in Seattle- , first- I'm gonna be a grandpa, and a close second is the legal pot!!
Back in the day I smoked twigs and small leafs, today the plant based is super potent. Been aimed into Vap and dab, new to me, and I gotta be sitting down after just one hit. ( I hope this falls within the moderators level of acceptance- if not away it goes)

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Job's demands for product design, quality, and great salesmanship might, for those close to the process, might seem a severe task master,however just look at the results he achieved - I easily remember the many who saw the end of Apple a few years back, and if you want to talk about crazy nasty- Bill Gates makes Steve look like a prince.
Hemp and soy are o.k. but almond has a richer texture and flavor, Remember 165 degrees, add the milk to the pull,
speaking of arrogant Howard is no prince. (CEO Starbucks) which makes one of the most over-roasted and bitter shots.
The third best for living here in Seattle- , first- I'm gonna be a grandpa, and a close second is the legal pot!!
Back in the day I smoked twigs and small leafs, today the plant based is super potent. Been aimed into Vap and dab, new to me, and I gotta be sitting down after just one hit. ( I hope this falls within the moderators level of acceptance- if not away it goes)
reefer3.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
13 million new i-phones sold in three days. So not everybody feels that way. I suspect everybody doesn't like Paul Elio either. I didn't know the real Jobs nor do I know the real Elio. Buy the product you like from the company you trust that provides the quality and the best customer service at the price point you feel fair.

As a kid I saved and bought a Vegematic as a Mother's Day Gift and it couldn't cut through a potato. Definitely not the same quality product and/or personalities. Jobs was arrogant and I may have refused an invitation to his backyard BBQ.

Sent from my i-Pad, hopefully to be used in my Elio in the near future. If not then perhaps in the Apple i-Car anticipated production date 2019.
It's not that I think they make bad products, it's just that if you buy an iphone, you are stuck in that dichotomy... When digital music first came out, I used Music Match Jukebox on my computer. Yeah, it was a while ago. Anyway, MMJ sold to Yahoo, my computer crashed, and even though all my song files survived, neither company would allow me to access them ever again. Right around then, Amazon started selling music without the DRM involved which meant I could use my music anywhere I damned well wanted. Plus, I wasn't stuck with one manufacturers' products. It isn't that Apple makes, I mean copies (everyone copies everyone, right?) good products, I just hate that if you have the iphone, you have to have yet another charger cord and charger laying around. I, for one, don't need a charger cord for my phone as it uses the international standard Qi format to charge wirelessly... about every 2 or 3 days because a phone should really be able to survive at least a day between charges, right?

Steve Jobs - great visionary, developed great products, got mono-vision and stopped creating new stuff.

The best thing Apple did in the beginning was starting with "Why" someone would buy their products. The first iPod wouldn't hold as much music as the Dell player but Dell said "Holds 20 Megabites of music" which made people think about computers and ask themselves why they would buy a music thing from a computer maker because computer makers don't know about music. At the same time, Apples said "the iPod will hold 20,000 songs" and people thought "Yeah, that's a lot of songs." So, they bought those instead. Apple has always been good at assessing the "Why" behind their products.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, provide hey also put the same picture over "creative," "genius," "seer," and "paradigm shift."
And don't forget dumb....

Jobs, who was a Buddhist and reportedly skeptical about mainstream medicine, did not undergo surgery immediately. Instead, he decided to begin what's described in the Fortune piece as a "special diet" — despite the misgivings of those around him. When a subsequent scan showed that the tumor had grown, he finally underwent a modified Whipple procedure, which removes the head of the pancreas along with parts of the stomach, bile duct, and duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). His surgery wasn't performed until July 2004, nine months after his initial diagnosis.
Jobs believed that because the surgery "got it all," he did not need to undergo chemotherapy or radiation.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... "New phone can't fit the old charger" LMAO
While we all love to make fun of Apple's penchant for making new products incompatible with the prior generation, you may be eating crow with that jibe. Next time you buy an Android phone, depending on how old your current one is, you may find that all your old cables are useless, too. Your next Android phone may very well come equipped with USB-C/USB3.1. Yeah, you may be able to still charge using the same Qi charger, but you'll need a new cable to attach to your PC.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While we all love to make fun of Apple's penchant for making new products incompatible with the prior generation, you may be eating crow with that jibe. Next time you buy an Android phone, depending on how old your current one is, you may find that all your old cables are useless, too. Your next Android phone may very well come equipped with USB-C/USB3.1. Yeah, you may be able to still charge using the same Qi charger, but you'll need a new cable to attach to your PC.
True. I actually thought about that. It's about time they improved the USB connection. It'll take a long time to integrate for sure. What I like though (right now, of course) is that my Kindle, RCA MP3 player, headphones, Bluetooth headset, random kids toys, flashlights, etc. all use the same charger and cord. I can go on a trip and if one of the kids forgot a charger for one of the seemingly thousands of devices, I've got it covered with one charger. Anyway, I know a ton of people buy Apple products and when a market is saturated, it's hard to buy off brand... VHS was worse than Beta but still won (not saying Apple is worse)... mostly because once public opinion is at work, the best candidate... I mean product doesn't always win. Using their fans' penchant for their hardware to leverage the requirement to use only their approved software, hardware, ecosystem just smacks of Monopolistic practice and THAT is what I don't like.

Top Bottom