• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but if I make a new one it will probably get moved here anyway. So I booked my flight and I'll be at the auto show on the 23rd and depending if I feel like going back on 24th. I plan on taking lots of pics (cellphone only) and I too will do my best to get any answers to questions. Is anyone else planning on attending? I'll be pissed if the P5 doesn't make its debut! But I'm going to Vegas for thanksgiving anyway, so I thought I'd just go a couple days earlier for fun. Anyone tell me what the dress code is for an event like this?
Not a problem. If you do go just post the questions you were able to ask and the answers. Don't worry about pictures, can't have too many of those. Feel free to keep this thread going also.

As far as dress code... just make sure it isn't your birthday suit. And Coss would probably say no Nazi attire also :eek::D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but if I make a new one it will probably get moved here anyway. So I booked my flight and I'll be at the auto show on the 23rd and depending if I feel like going back on 24th. I plan on taking lots of pics (cellphone only) and I too will do my best to get any answers to questions. Is anyone else planning on attending? I'll be pissed if the P5 doesn't make its debut! But I'm going to Vegas for thanksgiving anyway, so I thought I'd just go a couple days earlier for fun. Anyone tell me what the dress code is for an event like this?
If the P5 doesn't make the LA Auto Show I'll be pissed too, and I'm not planning to attend. The auto show should be a fun couple days.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a problem. If you do go just post the questions you were able to ask and the answers. Don't worry about pictures, can't have too many of those. Feel free to keep this thread going also.

As far as dress code... just make sure it isn't your birthday suit. And Coss would probably say no Nazi attire also 1
< .................. and on 10-1 Karnaj is making snide remarks about me and not allowing Nazi attire to an auto show ......... >

Oh Hi, I was just making some end user notes :becky:

On that list of questions add in :
1) Look to see if it has two armrests; if not ask why. We were told before (many times) that it will have two
1a) if it does have the two armrests; how are they mounted? On the seat? On the door and R. side on seat?
Or both on the door and the R inside panel

2) For sure what options are going to be included; Air, Cruise, Power Window/door lock, and ?
3) Get pictures of the outside rear view mirrors; see if they are power or manual adjustment.
4) Are the turn signal / interior lights / side marker / tail lights LED or incandescent?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
On the topic of options:
0b574bcb6d3753406f958c43247d4302?s=50&d=identicon&r=G.jpg

Trending Topics – Is It An Option?
by The Elio Team

One of the most exciting aspects of purchasing a new vehicle is the ability to show off your personality with customizations. If you are a no-frills kind of person, a bare bones model is ideal. If you are a techie, you’ll likely want to fill your vehicle with all of the newest in-vehicle technology. The process becomes difficult if you find yourself somewhere in the middle. According to Autotrader.com, “If an automaker offers a $2,500 option bundle but you only want one small $250 option, is there any way to convince them to sell you the option without the bundle? Almost always, the answer is no.” With the recent influx of exciting new options, there should be a reasonable middle ground between a vehicle with no options and a vehicle with an expensive option package.

[Broken External Image]

In the famous words of The Talking Heads, “How did we get here?” the obvious answer is that a dealer can make more on a transaction that includes an expensive option package. Another reason option packages are virtually impossible to avoid is it simplifies the manufacturing process for the automaker. While the package system may work well for the manufacturer and dealer, the consumer often does not benefit.

New and exciting options are desirable to many, but not all consumers. J.D. Power recently released a study suggesting auto manufacturers are investing billions of dollars into technologies that a substantial number of consumers are not using. In the 2015 Driver Interactive Vehicle Experience Report, it was revealed that “at least 20 percent of new-vehicle owners have never used 16 of the 33 technology features measured.” For many, the technology went unused because it was unwanted in the first place, but was part of a package, and thus the consumer had no choice. The study concluded that unwanted technology results in “millions of dollars in lost value for both consumers and the manufacturers.”

According to a different J.D. Power study, the most popular options include blind spot detection, night vision, collision avoidance technology, and a display for the rearview camera in the mirror. There is little sense in forcing a consumer to purchase a package that would include blind spot detection and night vision, yet often that can be the case. Consumers are ensuring they will get the option they want, even if it means unwanted, expensive options are part of the package.

The solution to minimizing millions of dollars being wasted for both consumers and manufacturers seems simple: let the consumer choose the options they want and let the manufacturer provide them. The system can be simplified, and consumer satisfaction with their vehicles will follow. It is possible to make an option, in reality, an option.

The Elio Team | October 1, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And don't forget dumb....

Jobs, who was a Buddhist and reportedly skeptical about mainstream medicine, did not undergo surgery immediately. Instead, he decided to begin what's described in the Fortune piece as a "special diet" — despite the misgivings of those around him. When a subsequent scan showed that the tumor had grown, he finally underwent a modified Whipple procedure, which removes the head of the pancreas along with parts of the stomach, bile duct, and duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). His surgery wasn't performed until July 2004, nine months after his initial diagnosis.
Jobs believed that because the surgery "got it all," he did not need to undergo chemotherapy or radiation.
Yeah, i'd say that qualifies a dumb. Or frightened.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
< .................. and on 10-1 Karnaj is making snide remarks about me and not allowing Nazi attire to an auto show ......... >

Oh Hi, I was just making some end user notes :becky:

On that list of questions add in :
1) Look to see if it has two armrests; if not ask why. We were told before (many times) that it will have two
1a) if it does have the two armrests; how are they mounted? On the seat? On the door and R. side on seat?
Or both on the door and the R inside panel

2) For sure what options are going to be included; Air, Cruise, Power Window/door lock, and ?
3) Get pictures of the outside rear view mirrors; see if they are power or manual adjustment.
4) Are the turn signal / interior lights / side marker / tail lights LED or incandescent?
Funny you should mention "LED or incandescent. I've worked in the electrical industry for over 15 years.
Today, we (the distributor I work for) recieved a letter from GE lighting, which boiled down too basically saying "since LED lighting is more expensive, and not many are buying it on a large scale, we've decided to raise our pricing on incandescent, HID, and flourescent fixtures".
It really doesn't matter what type of lighting it has. The manufacturers have decided "if your not going to buy these new LED fixtures we've put so much time and money in the development process, we'll just raise our prices on what we are selling, until you do!".
LED technology is kind of a scam. Yes, the LEDs will last for 10 years or more, but what they don't tell you, is the drivers for LED lighting (basically what a ballast is to flourescent lamps) are only going to last about 5 years.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny you should mention "LED or incandescent. I've worked in the electrical industry for over 15 years.
Today, we (the distributor I work for) recieved a letter from GE lighting, which boiled down too basically saying "since LED lighting is more expensive, and not many are buying it on a large scale, we've decided to raise our pricing on incandescent, HID, and flourescent fixtures".
It really doesn't matter what type of lighting it has. The manufacturers have decided "if your not going to buy these new LED fixtures we've put so much time and money in the development process, we'll just raise our prices on what we are selling, until you do!".
LED technology is kind of a scam. Yes, the LEDs will last for 10 years or more, but what they don't tell you, is the drivers for LED lighting (basically what a ballast is to flourescent lamps) are only going to last about 5 years.
Ouch.

Reactions: DWR

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all; typical vendor mindsets.

Reactions: DWR

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer incandescent to LED. Incandescent light goes on and off gradually, while LED light goes on and off abruptly.

Also, I do not like the blue tinted headlights. I prefer traditional yellow tinted headlight.

Top Bottom