• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show 2015

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a large increase in the number of reservations as a result of the LA Auto Show. I would think so, but I thought the same would happen as a result of the NY Auto Show, and it did not.

Its New York not as car friendly as LA. If LA doesn't show a spike in reservations then thats bad.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mystery solved. The battery appears to be UNDER the expansion tank (yes, it is an expansion tank, I searched the part number on the cap and it's from a ford focus). You can just see the disconnected battery clamp under the tank. Jerome sent me this pic, and I didn't look closely enough.

I'm not thrilled with the battery being UNDER the expansion tank. I've had them under air filter housings before. Royal PITA to replace them too.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of his are just too busy for my tastes. I'm thinking we're going to see some real imaginative stuff. Mainly because it will be an "everbody's" car (cycle) with a little cash left over to personalize.
Not all of us; I do all my own work, so that's a big savings right there.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry folks but when you have basically all the same machinery crammed into half the space there's going too be some compromises in accessibility. Hopefully the battery will not need attention very often. Being placed low and behind the transmission makes perfect sense. I've had cars that required removal of the right front wheel to access the battery so having to tie the expansion tank out of the way really isn't that bad.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Removing the expansion tank will take a minute at most. Anyone who finds this battery location inconvenient should change the battery in some of the 15 year old Chrysler products.

That is, after you find it buried within the front fender.

Hear Hear...witnessed that crap myself. or How about Buick stuffing the battery under the back seat. Or the Cobalt with it in the trunk....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be a large increase in the number of reservations as a result of the LA Auto Show. I would think so, but I thought the same would happen as a result of the NY Auto Show, and it did not.
Had the P5 been unveiled at the NY Auto show interest may have spiked. The P5 would be the primary reason for spikes after the LA auto show if it creates the necessay buzz in the auto or motorcycle trade journals. It maybe time for Elio Posters/advertising in the PepBoys Stores if they are still the servicing partner.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had the P5 been unveiled at the NY Auto show interest may have spiked. The P5 would be the primary reason for spikes after the LA auto show if it creates the necessay buzz in the auto or motorcycle trade journals. It maybe time for Elio Posters/advertising in the PepBoys Stores if they are still the servicing partner.

ahh... posters, and how about a calendar. They would be wonderful stocking stuffers for xmas.

Top Bottom