• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Updates?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be a nasty scenario for everyone, especially Stu who holds a lot of Elio stock. But I think reservation holders get just as screwed at stockholders. :(
Might be good news for reservationists. He could sell control to a person with a lot of money, and or business acumen. Might get the company started. The losers would be stock and debt holders not named Stu Lichter.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might be good news for reservationists. He could sell control to a person with a lot of money, and or business acumen. Might get the company started. The losers would be stock and debt holders not named Stu Lichter.

The scenario that most worries me is that if (many might say "when") Elio Motors get listed on NASDAQ with that $100 million offering, more that $ 25 million go right to Stu Lichter. It is arguable even if the total $ 100 million can get EM back operating as even that total 100 million amount doesn't even hardly cover existing debt. It sure would be a great time to bail if the stock stays over about $6.00. Some, on the other side, point to some inflation and current manipulation of the stock price now that it is relatively easy to do, with such small transactions. I look at 'bid and ask' occasionally and am amazed at the timing, price, and amount strategically put out.

It will be mighty interesting if this new stock offering happens, and especially the weeks leading up, and the days following. One thing to ponder: Stu is not a car guy, Stu is a real estate guy.

I'd like to know what stts is thinking, I don't often agree with him and especially his premise, but he is fun and insightful.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To keep my spirits up I go to all three sites every day. Sondors, not alot happening right now, but has been some movement, Solo - quite a bit happening and very optimistic there, Elio, sad actually. I really would prefer the Elio, but the more I see the Solo, I think it could work as well. At twice the price of an Elio though, there is much to think about.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given all the poor publicity that currently surrounds Elio Motors...my best guess is there's a good chance the underwriters will eventually cancel the NASDAQ offering...

After an offering is first announced...the underwriters then go to work to attempt to make advanced placement with large investors...

If their homework indicates there's little or no investor demand... it's not uncommon for the underwriters to cancel the offering before it reaches the general public...

Give Elio's history...successful placement of Elio's NASDAQ offering is probably remote at best...

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In another scenario, Stu takes over the company and renames the car the Studebaker
eliostudebaker.jpg

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given all the poor publicity that currently surrounds Elio Motors...my best guess is there's a good chance the underwriters will eventually cancel the NASDAQ offering...

After an offering is first announced...the underwriters then go to work to try to make advanced placement with large investors...

If their homework indicates there's little or no investor demand... it's not uncommon for the underwriters to cancel the offering before it reaches the general public...

Give Elio's history...successful placement of Elio's NASDAQ offering is probably remote at best...
Up another 20% just this week!:p

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_4685.jpg
Up another 20% just this week!:p

I'm sure today's stock price is very comforting to all those that paid $12 for the stock at IPO... and to those who paid much higher prices on the open market after the IPO...

Small float...illiquid...great stock for small time daytraders who spend the day at their screens...

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 21989

I'm sure today's stock price is very comforting to all those that paid $12 for the stock at IPO... and to those who paid much higher prices on the open market after the IPO...

Small float...illiquid...great stock for small time daytraders who spend the day at their screens...
Current ask $7.70...cover your shorts. Bought long term...some at $4.50... I don't care what happens to share price over next year or 3.

Last edited:

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have fun picking up pennies in front of a steamroller...

At least you can only lose $4.50 a share...
I'd say Sailor Dog has more upside than downside. I guess we will need to see if the 100 million dollar offering is successful . Right now we are just speculating. I'm optimistic. Beats the hell out of worrying:D

Top Bottom