• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Updates?

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've no knowledge of this kind of thing. But if ELIO gets listed on the NASDAQ and gets enough valuation to open lines of credit, as Uber does (Uber runs at a *huge* loss). then starts production on its own steam - then perhaps the DoE ATVM loan people will *finally* grant Elio that loan, which would capitalize the rest of the push through production and sales, sweet sales. They always said they had options. Up to NASDAQ underwriters now.
This is a version of the Hail Mary crowdfunding I dreamed of, I suppose.
If they pull this off, they will deserve every bit of the success they dream of.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've no knowledge of this kind of thing. But if ELIO gets listed on the NASDAQ and gets enough valuation to open lines of credit, as Uber does (Uber runs at a *huge* loss). then starts production on its own steam - then perhaps the DoE ATVM loan people will *finally* grant Elio that loan, which would capitalize the rest of the push through production and sales, sweet sales. They always said they had options. Up to NASDAQ underwriters now.
This is a version of the Hail Mary crowdfunding I dreamed of, I suppose.
If they pull this off, they will deserve every bit of the success they dream of.

FYI...Uber is currently not a public company...it's primarily funded by VC groups...Uber still loses money even though they have billions in revenue...

Elio Motors had been approaching VC groups since 2009...obviously the Elio Motors business model has found no support within the VC community...

Last edited:

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And even more billions in losses. Uber has yet to prove they can be a profitable at anything other than fundraising.

You're absolutely correct!

Uber indicated it lost $708 million in the first three months of 2017...

But...Uber can go on losing money for a while since it still has approximately $7 billion in cash reserves...

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Unlike Uber, Elio can produce a product at a profit. If Uber can survive with credit with nothing but a plan for worldwide cab domination and firing all the drivers, perhaps Elio can do the same for a bit with an actual income.

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
FYI...Uber is currently not a public company...it's primarily funded by VC groups...Uber still loses money even though they have billions in revenue...

Elio Motors had been approaching VC groups since 2009...obviously the Elio Motors business model has found no support within the VC community...
Paul himself said as much on a YouTube video interview I watched. He said he spent a year (2015-ish) courting venture capital, but as he suspected they had no interest in companies that don't make enormous wealth for them in the short term. Still, (I deduce) Elio rode the VC route because that was the due dilligence the ATVM loan people (and everyone else) expected of him. VC is a dead end, always was.

Elio needs that ATVM loan. The longer the loan program holds Elio up, the larger the debt they accumulate. Elio Motors should have had production going this year, but the ATVM people changed the rules June 2016 as Elio was ready to go.

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
And even more billions in losses. Uber has yet to prove they can be a profitable at anything other than fundraising.
Wall Streets expects Uber to drive all cabs out of business, break Lyft, and replace all the drivers with super-robots that don't exist. Final step is to jack the ride prices using a tier use plan.
They're willing to float Uber's boat hoping for the Forever Payoff of a monoploy on car-sharing.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe if the NASDAQ offering succeeds, the company will continue according to its original plan. If the offering fails, the company would continue but under a new name and other people would be in control.

The NASDAQ offering is a hail mary attempt, but it is an attempt for Paul Elio, not the company.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The way I see it is Paul was banking 100% on the ATVM loan and not really considering other options. That was 2009 up until around 2015. As the ATVM loan started to stall he went through Reg A+ and did raise money that way. A low interest government loan was his first choice, but now he has to give up a chunk of ownership(up to a $100 million chunk) in the company to get production started. We will have to wait and see what happens when Drexel Hamilton starts calling investors to solicit investments in ELIO.

Top Bottom