• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the narrow profile of the Elio viewed from the front, additional lights are something I would like to add if it is not an option. The most common type of accidents that motorcyclist have is someone turning left in front of them because they did not see the motorcycle. Additional lights would make the Elio more easily seen from the front and the rear, especially at night. Just my 2 cents.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are so many different LED options for add on lights now you will have no problem finding a quick easy to add light that will meet anyone's needs.
You do need to be mindful of the laws . In most places Red can not be viewed from the front. Blue and some colors are restricted. Brightness is also limited in some states.
LED will light you up.

101_5222_zpsd1f63596.jpg

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a simple solution to having brake lights on the front fenders for more visibility. No wiring needed. It senses when you are stopping, even flashes if it's an emergency stop. Attaches by Velcro strips. You will have to replace two AAA batteries every now and then. Bright efficient LEDs. Designed to be a bicycle stop/warning light.

https://bikebrakelight.com/
brake light.jpg

Last edited:

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think any lighting on the top or rear of the wheel skirts would need to be shielded from your view. I think seeing your own marker lamps in your field of view would become distracting.
I have LED turn signal flashers built into the truck mirrors. The passenger side never bothered me, driver side took a little getting used to, but I really don't notice it much now.

Lights in your field of view, as long as they aren't bright enough to affect your night vision are just one of those new car things you'll adapt to fairly quickly.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea that someone had to have white LEDs shine from the suspension cutout area on the body onto the fenders. I think it will look neat and also help bring attention to other drivers to the location of the outriggers. And no need to run power to the fenders for lighting. The things barely stay on as is!!! :p

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I would like to do is add a front yellow LED and rear LED on the outsides of the fenders. This is legal in all states, and actually required for oversized vehicles.

I own a 2003 Chevy Silverado Quadrasteer, and since the rear fenders stick out for the 4-wheel steer (kinda like a dually sticks out, but not nearly as much) front and rear lights were added to the fender. Here is a picture of one similar to mine. I know GM uses small LED stripes in the newer models, and that would look perfect mounted vertically on an Elio fender.

Attachments

• Fender1.jpg
    Fender1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Fender2.jpg
    Fender2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 193
Top Bottom