• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These Can-Am accessories are available, and should be easy to install.

Attachments

• 0-FenderLights.jpg
    0-FenderLights.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 219

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These Can-Am accessories are available, and should be easy to install.
I like these too, but since the back of the wheel shroud has to be removed to access the tires/lugnuts and whatever else, what will you have to do where the strip of lights crosses the seam of the shroud and the removable part?

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Motorcycles can also use headlight strobes. I have one set up on my scooter and it does make people take notice. I also have the brake light strobes on the rear which come on when my brakes are applied. As far as I am concerned the more lights the better. I also must confess that I do have an LED fetish. Can't get enough of them.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry. I don't want the P3 fenders, but the CanAm fender lights would still be cool! I was looking for solutions, not options.;)
Maybe this
Start the light strip at the seam, go up and over the fender, add a short light strip from the seam downward on the removable portion of the fender, place a small, weatherproof two wire plug between the two strips.
This might not work with the Can Am set up but there are other company's that make similar light strips of varying lengths.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like these too, but since the back of the wheel shroud has to be removed to access the tires/lugnuts and whatever else, what will you have to do where the strip of lights crosses the seam of the shroud and the removable part?
The ENTIRE fender is removable (not just the rear portion) with 4 set screws. You will have to have a wire connector to 'unplug', when you remove the fenders (but may be included in the lighting kit).

Attachments

• 0-.jpg
    0-.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 227

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ENTIRE fender is removable (not just the rear portion) with 4 set screws. You will have to have a wire connector to 'unplug', when you remove the fenders (but may be included in the lighting kit).
I've wondered about that. What is the point of the removable part if there is only 4 set screws holding the entire fender on? Seems like having a 2 piece fender would only add expense and labor, which Elio has been trying to avoid. They may have something else in mind for mounting the fenders on the production model.

Top Bottom