• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think wiring would be an issue as I believe that the turn signal lights are on the rearview mirrors on the elio. I don't believe that there is any electricity on the elio fenders at this time.

The Can-Am Spyder ships from the factory with fender lights already installed so it makes these kits pretty easy.
To produce the same type of lighting kit for the Elio you would likely have to make a set of wiring harnesses with pass through plugs for the front headlight/turn signal assemblies then run those wires back out and across the suspension to the fender. Would not necessarily be hard to make or install but it would take more work than the Spyder.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amber is the recommended color for all turn signals according to the NHTSA however it is not mandatory and many cars use red for rear turn signals instead.
Don't recall seeing red blinkers in front, just back.. My Sentra and truck are both this way..

Ray

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try to "photoshop" these in one of the Elio pics, unless someone wants to beat me to it.
The problem with fender lights would be wire breakage, abrasion etc. unless using high quality robotic cable and even then it will eventually fail.. The cable would also look rather ugly if visible too.. Probably why Elio did not incorporate this feature into the Elio.. Personally I like the open\visible mechanical parts going to the front wheels, sort of reminds me of motorcycles where you can see everything.. I think motorcycles tend to be expensive due to chrome etc. that is often used to make the bike look nice..

Ray

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem with fender lights would be wire breakage, abrasion etc. unless using high quality robotic cable and even then it will eventually fail.. The cable would also look rather ugly if visible too.. Probably why Elio did not incorporate this feature into the Elio.. Personally I like the open\visible mechanical parts going to the front wheels, sort of reminds me of motorcycles where you can see everything.. I think motorcycles tend to be expensive due to chrome etc. that is often used to make the bike look nice..

Ray
I figure if the brake cable has to make it through, they can figure out a good way to get the wiring there in some durable housing. I suppose we could look up Can-am forums and see how these light kits are holding up.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figure if the brake cable has to make it through, they can figure out a good way to get the wiring there in some durable housing. I suppose we could look up Can-am forums and see how these light kits are holding up.
That would be a brake hose not cable.. High quality ultra fine stranded robotic wire can take abuse but tends to be expensive..

Ray

JF

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some ideas that I will incorporate into my vehicle if they are not supplied on the initial production Elio. Marker lights (front and rear) on the fenders . Similar to the older Harley fender lights

, 1948-harley-davidson-fl-5.jpg Harley Rear Fender Light.jpg

I definitely want someone approaching from the rear to know how wide the front fenders are in relation to the body of the Elio.

Top Bottom