• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lights On Wheel Covers

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How do like the Rigid D"s ? Did you get fogs or driving pattern?

I agree the fairing(wheelcover) would have too much movement except as a daytime marker or cornering light

There are some single LEDS that are very bright at a short throw distance that could work as a cornering light in connection with your turn signals or even a daylight running light.

If you consider the wheelcover for markers, here is an excerpt from another forum I am on.

I forget which forum I talked about this in. For Marker lights I am considering something from this link for a DYI.
Using their Dayrunners and Magicflex LED Channels they show for the Can AM Spyder. With a year to wait, there may be even better solutions.

PS Will be using their LED surround license plate cover along with the momentary strobe effect while braking for sure.

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_sp ... sories.htm

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_sp ... sories.htm

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A short single row cree light bar should also work in the grill area. It is small enough that it should not block the airflow or create that much drag

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like after market stuff to me , as I am not interested in having my ELIO look like a New York taxicab!

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not as bad if you think of the functionality. I hated it at first but got used to it after after using it for a few times.

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Like them so far. Have "Drivers". The wiring harness including switch is top notch. Have the drivers tied to the hi-beam switch so they turn off when the low beams are on. Will be driving the ALCAN to Fairbanks (2400 miles) starting on Thursday. Do a lot of night driving and will report how they worked. Avoiding one moose, deer, caribou or woods bison will more than pay the purchase bill. For my driving, additional ahead side lighting makes a great difference. The Elio will definately be getting some sort'a supplemental lighting. Will also be purchasing a spare windshield for the Elio before heading North!

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Sounds like after market stuff to me , as I am not interested in having my ELIO look like a New York taxicab!

What NRB? You are not going to paint it yellow and put a lite sign on top?:)

Seriously, I think what R is talking about is a very narrow band that would blend in well in the grill area. Not a bunch of Off-Road type light on a big light bar on the roof.

Me personally I can use all the extra light on the road I can get! :cool:

Also, if they serve as a "take notice of me" day time running light, all the better.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of flashing LED's on the rear of my Burgman 400 scooter. They are about the size of dominos and really get noticed. They constantly flash when my brakes are applied. I also have a headlight strobe system on it that can't be missed by on coming traffic. The way I look at it the more lights you have the safer you are. By the way I absolutely love LED's.

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have a set of flashing LED's on the rear of my Burgman 400 scooter. They are about the size of dominos and really get noticed. They constantly flash when my brakes are applied. I also have a headlight strobe system on it that can't be missed by on coming traffic. The way I look at it the more lights you have the safer you are. By the way I absolutely love LED's.
Totally agree, but I don't expect the factory to put them on for me... And I sure haven't got a clue where they have to be put on this rig to ENHANCE. Just smearing them all over to be noticeable is a little bit ????????? hillbilly?????????? Not to accuse or abuse,, I think I will reserve elio comment till I get sick of the new smell in the seat.... Yep, you don't really own it,,, till you fart in the seat.:oops:
Go Elio,,
JS

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
2596 miles with a lot of 18:00 -03:00 driving in areas where side and forward visibility was really important, Wow, don't leave home without them in open areas where on-coming traffic is not a problem and wildlife encounters are!! Lots of Elk in southern BC - previously not seen. Couple Moose and one Bison (in perticular) were illuminated during the trip. Looks like there may be a good bit of space in the grill area for a set but siteing will be really important from an air flow point.

Top Bottom