• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one has ever said that Elon could not put on a show!

GOOD LUCK, SPACEX: On Tuesday, Feb. 6th, between 1:30 pm and 4 pm Eastern Time, SpaceX will attempt to launch the world's most powerful rocket from the Kennedy Space Center. The Falcon Heavy is so experimental, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says there is only a 50-50 chance of success. A massive fireball is just as likely as the rocket reaching space. The payload: a scarlet Tesla Roadster. With an unprecedented combination of style, daring, and know-how, SpaceX is about to take a big step toward the stars--no matter how the launch turns out.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Johnsnownw might refuse to read Alpha articles, buts that's his call. I don't mind putting up a link but copying the whole article might be a little too much for this blog. For the rest of you, read it. It will open your eyes to how the Tesla battery as it's currently constructed, programs your driving habits around it's charging pattern instead of you doing what you want. The charging system the EU has agreed upon will be used by many other manufactures besides Jaguar and it charges with the whole 100% rate (until it reaches 80%) unlike the Tesla that diminishes the rate as the battery gets charged. It's an open standard, unlike Tesla's.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I take away from the article was how much investment is going into infrastructure and developing new EV's. It is no surprise that the EV market will change and that Tesla will have to work with it or inevitably fail. I suspect, they will work with it. What it should tell everyone is that personal transportation investment from VC's is not going to ICE but to electric. ICE is a mature industry and has reached the point of diminishing returns. Nothing new to see there. It's just like the telecommunication industry. It was mature until cell phones came along. All of a sudden no investment in everything related to land lines but it all went to wireless investment. Even back then, people still believed that you needed a wire to talk to someone and then had a laundry list of why cell phones are only a toy for the rich and arrogant. Times sure did change.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I take away from the article was how much investment is going into infrastructure and developing new EV's. It is no surprise that the EV market will change and that Tesla will have to work with it or inevitably fail. I suspect, they will work with it. What it should tell everyone is that personal transportation investment from VC's is not going to ICE but to electric. ICE is a mature industry and has reached the point of diminishing returns. Nothing new to see there. It's just like the telecommunication industry. It was mature until cell phones came along. All of a sudden no investment in everything related to land lines but it all went to wireless investment. Even back then, people still believed that you needed a wire to talk to someone and then had a laundry list of why cell phones are only a toy for the rich and arrogant. Times sure did change.
VC Market Funding doesn’t sound good for Elio......perhaps an EVElio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Johnsnownw might refuse to read Alpha articles, buts that's his call. I don't mind putting up a link but copying the whole article might be a little too much for this blog. For the rest of you, read it. It will open your eyes to how the Tesla battery as it's currently constructed, programs your driving habits around it's charging pattern instead of you doing what you want. The charging system the EU has agreed upon will be used by many other manufactures besides Jaguar and it charges with the whole 100% rate (until it reaches 80%) unlike the Tesla that diminishes the rate as the battery gets charged. It's an open standard, unlike Tesla's.
The only way for standard anything in the USA is government involvement and regulation, otherwise the options are market driven. Tesla was the first to market with Musk’s pioneering leadership. Others are benefiting from Tesla’s success and their open to the public patents.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Most negative Tesla articles on SA are written by those shorting the stock, and they get paid per click. This incentivises them to spread FUD and make sensationalist accusations.

Tesla actually benefits from a proprietary system. If all manufacturers can use the same charging network, they have to build out more than Tesla to accommodate them. They would also have faster charging vehicles sharing the limited network with slower charging vehicles.

When heavy investment has actually been made in the network, many years down the road, Tesla will indeed lose their advantage if they don't modify their current charging model. They are incentivized to do so, and again, they sit on the panel working on the new charging standard.

Point of fact, Jaguar has no advantage with the current state of the CCS network...and it will be many years before CCS can catch up to Tesla's current advantage.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look at it this way. There's no way that Tesla thinks that it's their way no matter what and it's the best. It's because of competition and there are some things that Tesla does which are great and other things that will not be so great because someone came up with a better mousetrap. It's just like Apple and the iPhone1. It had that stupid headphone jack. Plus you couldn't send a picture in a test message. Every Apple fan would point out that you don't need to send a pic in a text message because you have email. As for everyone else, it was something that made no sense. It took Apple a bit but in the end, they relented and allowed you to send a pic in a text message (all it took was a software update). There have been other things that Apple has done to drive the industry but then the competition has driven them to do things that they probably didn't want to do but had to. Apple learned that they couldn't be so arrogant because at the end, they need to sell a product because they had competition.

Tesla is no different. So, it might be all gloom and doom but I have a feeling they have a backup plan and will not go down the path of another startup car manufacturer that doesn't.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question: Why are stocks shorted? It is because an investor thinks the stock is going to go down. What do they base this on? Details, or lack of details. If the information doesn't add up or if the announcements don't match the realities. Sure, someone writing an article that is negative has something to gain if the stock goes down and they own stock. As an investor you must take all the biases into consideration. Is Elon Musk a master of hype? Probably. Does Tesla have the lithium it needs for batteries under control for future growth? (Not yet, they are working on a deal now.) Is Tesla making the car deliveries it keeps promising? Apparently not. Did Tesla provide a battery system for Australia on time and is it working as intended? Apparently yes. Sometimes the truth has to be waited on to become clear. I wish Tesla success, but have my reservations. The rest of the automotive manufacturers can concentrate on making vehicles. Tesla might be stretching itself too thin with solar cells and rocket ships.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question: Why are stocks shorted? It is because an investor thinks the stock is going to go down. What do they base this on? Details, or lack of details. If the information doesn't add up or if the announcements don't match the realities. Sure, someone writing an article that is negative has something to gain if the stock goes down and they own stock. As an investor you must take all the biases into consideration. Is Elon Musk a master of hype? Probably. Does Tesla have the lithium it needs for batteries under control for future growth? (Not yet, they are working on a deal now.) Is Tesla making the car deliveries it keeps promising? Apparently not. Did Tesla provide a battery system for Australia on time and is it working as intended? Apparently yes. Sometimes the truth has to be waited on to become clear. I wish Tesla success, but have my reservations. The rest of the automotive manufacturers can concentrate on making vehicles. Tesla might be stretching itself too thin with solar cells and rocket ships.

Sure, there is a glimmer of truth in most lies, but that doesn't change the reality. I'm only currently discussing the premise of the article, which is bogus. Jaguar has no advantage when utilizing the CCS network in its current form. People seem to forget that all Tesla's have access to the ChAdemo network, as well...provided they purchase an adapter...and they also forget the Tesla Destination charger network when discussing charging.

Shorting the stock is a legitimate investment strategy, unfortunately that hasn't panned out for those doing so with TSLA...apparently shorts lost just over a billion dollars last year...ouch.

As for other manufacturers, they can focus on selling a few thousand BEVs a year...both their lack of access to batteries, and a limited charging network reduces the number they can make/sell. Unless they make investments in both, Tesla will continue to outsell them 10:1. Not the Tesla doesn't need to get their manufacturing act together...

SpaceX is an entirely different company from Tesla. They just share a CEO.

Top Bottom