• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked-in Poll

Are you locked in?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got an email tonight. 8,177 left to go for the magic number discount. Explaind more detail about the locked in situation and $7,000 price and then discounts would be applied. Also that confirmations will be emailed every other day.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, you mean this one?

Recently Announced Price Lock: What you Need to Know

ELIO_LOGO_R_2328x1144.jpg

August 18, 2016

Hello Coss,

We are reaching out to you today to provide additional clarity to the Friday, August 12 letter regarding establishing a “locked in” base price for “non-refundable” reservation holders. The letter explained in detail the reason for this opportunity, which is to further indicate to the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan program from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that Elio Motors has committed purchasers — not just “non-refundable” reservation holders.

In the coming weeks, we will continue to provide valuable updates relating to where the reservation count stands as we march toward reaching 65,000 reservations, which is how long this special offer will last (currently, there are only 8,177 reservations left!).

In order to simplify the process of locking in your price, please select one (1) of the following three options based on your personal preference:

1. I am a “non-refundable” reservation holder and want to maximize my savings and lock in the $7,000 price by signing a binding commitment; what do I need to do?
    1. If you have a “non-refundable” reservation and want the $7,000 locked in price, click here to accept the binding commitment.
  2. As a “non-refundable” reservation holder, I want the $7,300* locked in price and choose not to take advantage of the additional $300 savings; what do I need to do?
    1. The $7,300* base price has been established for all “non-refundable” reservation holders, up to the first 65,000 total reservations. No action is required.
  3. I have a “refundable” reservation and I want to lock in a price; what do I need to do?
    1. You must first convert to a “non-refundable” reservation. Click here to make this happen.
Still have more questions? You may find them below in our most frequently asked questions with corresponding answers:

Q: To make a binding commitment and receive the $7,000, am I paying the full $7,000 base price now?

A: Absolutely not. This process only binds your commitment to purchase your Elio and allows you to lock in the price.

Q: Does the established lock-in price change my reservation bonus?

A: No, your “non-refundable” reservation bonus remains and will be applied to the final purchase price of your Elio.

Q: As a “non-refundable” reservation holder, how long do I have to lock in the $7,300* base price? More specifically, when does the lock-in price program end?

A: The program will end when we reach 65,000 total reservations (total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com). That means if you have a “non-refundable” reservation and make a binding commitment, you can lock in the additional incentive base price of $7,000 only up until we reach 65,000 total reservations.

If you’re already a “non-refundable” reservation holder and choose not to take advantage of the additional $300 savings before we reach the 65,000 total reservations, the base price of your Elio will be set at $7,300* without requiring further action from you.

Q: How do I know if my binding commitment to lock in the $7,000 base price (and receive an additional savings of $300) was accepted?

A: Two things happen when you complete your binding commitment: you will immediately see a confirmation pop-up (or error if something isn’t working) and you will receive an email confirming receipt of your binding commitment.

We are currently sending out confirmation emails every other day and will soon move to an automatic reply so that you will get your confirmation within minutes of your $7,000 lock-in. Please remember to check your junk mail if you do not see your confirmation email in a couple of days.

Q: My email doesn’t work/I changed my email, what do I do?

A: You need to use the email that you made the Elio reservation with, unless you have emailed us and we have confirmed that your email has been changed in the system. If you have multiple emails, we are here to help if you cannot recall which email is associated with your Elio reservation. Email us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com.

As always, we thank you for your support.

Warm regards,

The Elio Team

*MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

2ndrew

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to lock in. At this point, I'd feel better locking in if there was an actual target date of production, or a better feeling that there was a serious funding source. I've got 50 shares, and if Elio does go to production I think the value of the shares will definitely cover the $300 difference in cost.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to lock in. At this point, I'd feel better locking in if there was an actual target date of production, or a better feeling that there was a serious funding source. I've got 50 shares, and if Elio does go to production I think the value of the shares will definitely cover the $300 difference in cost.
Your choice.
All aspects Pro and Con about it have been discussed.
It is your decision and it only affects you.

So I wish you the best of luck.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your choice.
All aspects Pro and Con about it have been discussed.
It is your decision and it only affects you.

So I wish you the best of luck.
Coss, i wish it did affect only him. Elio is asking for conviction and support because they need thise pledges to bring the project to fruition. So while each of us must follow his conscience, the individual is not the only one affected by the choice.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss, i wish it did affect only him. Elio is asking for conviction and support because they need thise pledges to bring the project to fruition. So while each of us must follow his conscience, the individual is not the only one affected by the choice.
You can't guilt him into it, or at least you shouldn't; it does set a bad example.
If he wants to pay the extra $300 you can't force him into not spending it.

Top Bottom