• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maintenaince / Service Manual

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume by "service" manual, you mean the same thing as "shop" manual. I would expect a charge for this and not be free.

I believe the owners manual and maintenance manual will both be provided free and in printed form. When it comes to warranty claims, EM must be able to prove they have provided us with information on proper operation and proper maintenance of the vehicle.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume by "service" manual, you mean the same thing as "shop" manual. I would expect a charge for this and not be free.

I believe the owners manual and maintenance manual will both be provided free and in printed form. When it comes to warranty claims, EM must be able to prove they have provided us with information on proper operation and proper maintenance of the vehicle.
I would be willing to PAY for a SHOP manual no matter what the price.............having the correct information available when needed........................................PRICELESS !!! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

" ......... maintenance manual will both be provided free and in printed form" cost money to print; the paper, the toner, binding it, etc. plus I have never seen a service manual provided for free for anything; those you always have to buy.
Every dealer now does everything in electronic format; that way they can keep track of services performed; inventory, ordered parts and pricing; a lot of that can also be changed on the fly; so if they discover something wrong, or they have to raise prices because of supplying vendors, they can enter the new price, and everyone sees it at the same time.
You print it, and you have to reprint the manual, and then distribute it to every shop; that cost adds up in a hurry.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're looking for maintenance tips, YouTube is your friend. It may take some digging through bad video and a few bad amateurish ideas, but an hour or so will eventually yield results - or at least a direction. . . .
Agreed; but only after a car has been out for a few years.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I need to find out is 1) How many quarts of oil it needs and what weight,
2) What type of oil filter,
3) What type of air filter,
4) What type of transmission oil and filter (if it needs one) for my wife's auto trans. and that's it!
I can figure things out to find locations of screws to replace all kind of bulbs ( headlights, back lights, etc.)
And I have my handy code reader to find problems when it arises.
My cars never seen the dealer for any kind of service since I bought them new! Did all the regular service by myself including belts, water pump, etc. That will be the same with my ELIO since the car is so basic. I need to find out if the engine have the chain (a little noisy but I prefer chain) or belt and I'm set to
drive that baby to the ground! :D But that's just me.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I need to find out is 1) How many quarts of oil it needs and what weight,
2) What type of oil filter,
3) What type of air filter,
4) What type of transmission oil and filter (if it needs one) for my wife's auto trans. and that's it!
I can figure things out to find locations of screws to replace all kind of bulbs ( headlights, back lights, etc.)
And I have my handy code reader to find problems when it arises.
My cars never seen the dealer for any kind of service since I bought them new! Did all the regular service by myself including belts, water pump, etc. That will be the same with my ELIO since the car is so basic. I need to find out if the engine have the chain (a little noisy but I prefer chain) or belt and I'm set to
drive that baby to the ground! :D But that's just me.

I can help a little.
It has a timing chain.

Top Bottom