• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maintenaince / Service Manual

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Most "NEW" service manuals usually do not appear the first year. (probably paper/printed editions)
A compact disc or downloadable version may be available sooner, IF it is assembled/written during the building of the first "100".
The team of engineers/editors that put it together may or may not be in house employed.
Anyway... do not expect it to be free.
Yes, I had said that it would be a charge for the Service Manual, but the Owners Manual would (or should) be free.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The two biggest advantages of a manual on CD or online include searchability and the opportunity to print out the pages you need for a particular job - then wipe your hands on them and toss them away. I've prepared several manuals for disc on a wide variety of products and my clients (and their clients) love them. They're always available and easily readable, no matter how often they're used.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Elio will provide some sort of owners' manual long before Haynes gets their act together... (still waiting for one for my 2013 truck)
Sure, and that will be worth having. But I like having a second opinion--a fresh set of eyes--to look over the car and maybe point out things that the Elio team forgot or took for granted.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, and that will be worth having. But I like having a second opinion--a fresh set of eyes--to look over the car and maybe point out things that the Elio team forgot or took for granted.
True. The the Elio shouldn't be too hard to work on. I plan on doing my own work on my the Elio. Hopefully, there will be a bunch of the Elio's around and it won't take long for maintenance to become second hat.

I REALLY hate that name... the Elio... The word "the" should never be part of a vehicle name... much less in lower case!

"What do you drive?"
"I drive an Elio the Elio." Gah! NOOOOO!!!!

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am still old school. I prefer a soft cover Owners Manual to look thru.

Online for a Service Manual is a bonus cause as previously mentioned, one can just print out any relevant pages of interest

Top Bottom