• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maintenaince / Service Manual

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have an emanual for my Suzuki intruder and it has saved me several times on the road...... and you are right it would be cheap to produce, they could even integrate it with the owners manual and give everything electronically.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if Elio is going to provide a service manual with parts listing to the all ins. It would be easy to include a dvd with the owners manual and what a great resource if you are stuck in in middle of nowhere and the first Elio in the town. It seems like most of the all inners are gear heads of some sort and I am not sure about you, but give me a manual, some duct tape and safety wire and I can Macgiver my back to civilization.... 20 years working helicopter maintenance will fix anything.

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing manual thread
I know there has been a great deal of discussion on one of the threads on this topic and everyone is hoping it will be available as a pdf download where you can print the specific pages when you need them. I don't think I have seen and firm commitment to do this however.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio follows the direction of other marques there will be a number of options available in the aftermarket soon after it achieves some kind of market impact. If EM doesn't offer a shop manual, you know there's going to have to be some kind of documentation issued to Pep Boys, if they're going to be the "authorized service center" for Elio. It won't be long before some smart guy scans that documentation and sells it online.

Like popular music videos and pirated movies, those "manuals" or whatever will probably be available within days of the first one leaving EM's hands. It would be in EM's best interest, once the manual is assembled, to make it available on their site at a bargain price to ensure their customers are getting the "annointed" version. Just sayin' . . . .

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I usually get the shop manuals from Helminc.com but the Elio is a new enough brand that they may not carry those manuals. Time will tell, of course.

Cool. Went to the site. Will order a couple of these for my existing cars. Thanks

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've read many post in which members have stated that they plan to do most, if not all, of the mechanical work on their Elio .... has there been any talk of Elio Motors making a mechanic's manual available for purchase by owners .... in addition, for those who travel, such a manual could come in handy as an information resource if repairs should become necessary in an area without an approved service center

Jim

ON EDIT : prior to writing the above I did a search and somehow didn't find this thread ..:confused:.. it is good to see that there has been some movement in this direction .... it makes sense the Pep Boys will have to be provided with the information necessary to be a service center for Elio Motors .... as others have noted, I'd expect it to come with an owner's manual and expect to pay for a mechanic's manual

Last edited:

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is primarily off the shelf parts, a maintenance manual would be ok but a list of what parts are from what would be ok too. I had to keep a list for my 67 valiant to get the right parts for it - 383 motor and trans from a 72 New Yorker, Front brakes + rear end from 71 Duster 340 and many other parts assembled randomly!

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is primarily off the shelf parts, a maintenance manual would be ok but a list of what parts are from what would be ok too. I had to keep a list for my 67 valiant to get the right parts for it - 383 motor and trans from a 72 New Yorker, Front brakes + rear end from 71 Duster 340 and many other parts assembled randomly!
This is where the Pepboys website will come in handy, since they are the people responsible to fix the car they would know the parts. So, in theory you could go to their website type in Elio as your vehicle pick and what part you are looking for such as front brakes and it would list parts that fit your vehicle. This is how it works with my current car I don't see why this car would be any different.

Top Bottom