• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in the same thought as some of you I didn't think it needed PS. I think the reasoning behind it might be to suit elio to all age ranges and physical disposition IE limited strength or mobility.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess everybody is missing the point. It was not listed as a standard feature previously, but is now listed as one of the standard features on the first frame of the official website with the red Elio. ????????

Yes I understand that and was under the impression until now that the Elio would not have it as it really is not necessary for such a light vehicle. We will have to wait until someone gets to ask them directly for some clarification about whether this is a new addition, a misprint, or something that was not communicated very clearly in the past.

Moderator Comment: I merged this discussion into an existing power steering thread

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess everybody is missing the point. It was not listed as a standard feature previously, but is now listed as one of the standard features on the first frame of the official website with the red Elio. ????????
I understand your frustration. When you posted this the first time I could not find the statement you mentioned. It took 2 more tries to find the statement. Unfortunately I can't help you because I have never been able to read those floating "billboards" fast enough to get the entire message so I don't know if it was on there before or not. It is definitely on there now. I guess we will have to wait for clarification just as goofyone suggested. Anyone going to the next show - please add the question about power steering to your list. Thank you. I hope that helps, Frosty. I also hope you had a happy birthday last week. :) Z

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I understand your frustration. When you posted this the first time I could not find the statement you mentioned. It took 2 more tries to find the statement. Unfortunately I can't help you because I have never been able to read those floating "billboards" fast enough to get the entire message so I don't know if it was on there before or not. It is definitely on there now. I guess we will have to wait for clarification just as goofyone suggested. Anyone going to the next show - please add the question about power steering to your list. Thank you. I hope that helps, Frosty. I also hope you had a happy birthday last week. :) Z
Thanks.!:D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just sent an inquiry to Elio regarding it. Will post the answer as soon as possible after it arrives.
That's great. However, I hope you won't fret if you don't get an immediate answer. I look forward to hearing the results. Even though I am a little old lady, I honestly am not concerned about needing power steering. Of course I may regret that statement once I try to parallel park the Elio since I certainly can't pick up the back end and move it like a wheel barrow. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom