• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manual Or Power Steering?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Ty you seem informed. The team said they are sending out res # today does that mean they snail mail them? I'm still waiting for mine!

Why would they send it through the mail? 50 cents times however many people are reserved would add up.

IMO it should be email

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 29 Mercedes SSK replica had a 5.0 ford V8 and automatic, and had NO power steering or power brakes, and to be honest, while it wasn't as easy as power assist, it was certainly manageable in a parking situation and unnoticeable on the highway. It also weighed twice as much as the Elio.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a 64 Impala 2-dr with p/s. The hydraulic ram always leaked & I got tired of throwing fluid in it every day. Eventually the pump stopped "whining", so no more p/s. Honestly, I could steer it with one finger. I know this is not typical of all p/s systems, tho. It was also not a "quick ratio" system...Something like 6-turns from lock to lock, & the car would not center itself when I let go of the wheel. But at nearly three times the weight of the Elio, It was EASY to steer!
Imho, The Elio doesn't need it. It's just one more thing to wear out. But, If it comes standard on every vehicle, I will gladly accept it.:)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a 64 Impala 2-dr with p/s. The hydraulic ram always leaked & I got tired of throwing fluid in it every day. Eventually the pump stopped "whining", so no more p/s. Honestly, I could steer it with one finger. I know this is not typical of all p/s systems, tho. It was also not a "quick ratio" system...Something like 6-turns from lock to lock, & the car would not center itself when I let go of the wheel. But at nearly three times the weight of the Elio, It was EASY to steer!
Imho, The Elio doesn't need it. It's just one more thing to wear out. But, If it comes standard on every vehicle, I will gladly accept it.:)
Post #66
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elgin-dash-yes-or-no.803/page-7#post-15186

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just sent an inquiry to Elio regarding it. Will post the answer as soon as possible after it arrives.
Finally got an answer back on the power steering "addition" to frame 1 on the official website. Also asked about the change to the unpainted rear panel. Here it is:

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

May 21 16:23

Hey Roger!
Thanks for your email and for your support- we really appreciate it!
Also, thanks for the heads up- that is a typo and we will fix it on our website.
And finally, there will be options when it comes to the color of the rear panel!

Best,
The Elio Team

Top Bottom