• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The projected production was mentioned over a year ago by Elio motors. The plan was (and still is as far as I know like this) There are two production lines that will be used eventually. The production will be done as follows. Note: Camau that is supplying some of the production equipment will be in charge at first. The plan is to do things in 45 day stages as follows....

1st 45 days, one production line running with Camau employees running things and Elio employees helping and learning. 350 Elios a day.

2nd 45 days, one production line running with Camau employees running things and Elio employees helping and learning. 500 Elios a day.

3rd 45 days, two production lines running with each line producing 350 Elios a day, for a combined output of 700 Elios a day.

4th 45 days, two production lines running with each line producing 500 Elios a day, for a combined output of 1,000 Elios a day.

Not sure, but I think production is 24 hours a day. I know that Elio Motors has said that yearly production is supposed to be 250,000 Elios a year.
That may seem like a un-attainable number of Elios, but keep in mind that an Elio has only about 1/3 the parts of the average small car. And I saw a documentary a few weeks ago about a car factory that was building a car every 90 seconds (don't remember what company that was).

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To clarify, it's one line running on two shifts. The line moves at a rate of one vehicle per 52 seconds though we ran it at one vehicle per 54 seconds. It didn't stop for breaks or lunches. (people left at set times and the shift manager would take over spots as people needed to leave temporarily. Even at a slower pace of one Elio per minute, an 8 hour shift would produce 480 cars per shift. At 54 seconds per Elio, they'll produce 533 per shift.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To clarify, it's one line running on two shifts. The line moves at a rate of one vehicle per 52 seconds though we ran it at one vehicle per 54 seconds. It didn't stop for breaks or lunches. (people left at set times and the shift manager would take over spots as people needed to leave temporarily. Even at a slower pace of one Elio per minute, an 8 hour shift would produce 480 cars per shift. At 54 seconds per Elio, they'll produce 533 per shift.

Gotta love the opinion of someone that's "been there, done that"! :cool:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The projected production was mentioned over a year ago by Elio motors. The plan was (and still is as far as I know like this) There are two production lines that will be used eventually. The production will be done as follows. Note: Camau that is supplying some of the production equipment will be in charge at first. The plan is to do things in 45 day stages as follows....

1st 45 days, one production line running with Camau employees running things and Elio employees helping and learning. 350 Elios a day.

2nd 45 days, one production line running with Camau employees running things and Elio employees helping and learning. 500 Elios a day.

3rd 45 days, two production lines running with each line producing 350 Elios a day, for a combined output of 700 Elios a day.

4th 45 days, two production lines running with each line producing 500 Elios a day, for a combined output of 1,000 Elios a day.

Not sure, but I think production is 24 hours a day. I know that Elio Motors has said that yearly production is supposed to be 250,000 Elios a year.
That may seem like a un-attainable number of Elios, but keep in mind that an Elio has only about 1/3 the parts of the average small car. And I saw a documentary a few weeks ago about a car factory that was building a car every 90 seconds (don't remember what company that was).
33 days x 350 units per day= 11,550 units. My number is 11,492. Get 'er done!

ssicchi

Reaction score

Note:, My reply with the production plan/numbers. Hope this is what you wanted.

I will be jealous of you Charles, when I see you driving around Cumming and I still am waiting for mine. My Elio will be almost have same as yours, don't think I will get the navigation system. Hope they start production soon.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a big reach-out from The Evergreen State, and (hopefully Super bowl "L" win for the Seahawks)
Lots of good stuff here, members with many talents, skills and knowledge of vehicles/production and design

ssicchi

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, ssicchi! :D Dig in! There's hours and hours of interesting myths and truths to read about here.
Have been on the site for awhile but this is the first time to post. All these sites always have to many people who just come onto start #$%^ and don't really care about the topic.

Top Bottom