• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meeting In Shreveport Today?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“The reason you need a license is so what’s happening doesn’t happen," said Gregory Reggie, attorney for the Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission.
IOW: "The reason you need a license is so we don't fine you for not having a license."

But, hey, well done Louisiana. Slapping a $500k fine on Elio will go a long way toward bringing much-needed manufacturing jobs back to your state. I bet the manufacturers will be flocking to fill all your empty factories, and prop up your failing economies now. (Better check your voice mail, to make sure you don't miss any of those phone calls!) You have served your constituents well today. You should feel proud.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why did this commission wait 4 years to notify EM that they needed a license to do any thing in LA?
Optimistic interpretation: They were waiting until EM had the money to pay.

Pessimistic interpretation: They didn't want to upset EM while they still had a chance to create the 1500 manufacturing jobs.

Realistic interpretation: Constituents started complaining more about the lack of jobs and the local politician saw EM as an easy scapegoat due to production delays.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This might help answer the question, did Paul pick the right place to produce the Elio. Those are some pretty heavy fines. Hope they can deal with them.

I thought about if its possible for Paul to go bankrupt then start back again with the Elio 2? Trial run if you will.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After thinking about it, I think the commission was just waiting till EM had enough rope to be hung by.
Maybe where EM crossed the line is by asking reservation holders to sign a commitment to buy form.

Last edited:
Top Bottom